Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

acute bronchitis

(17 Posts)
walterwhiteswife Mon 20-Jan-14 09:55:19

Thank you. ive been on them 3 days and finally getting a bit better. But found this morning the cold air made me wheezy againsad

Musicaltheatremum Sun 19-Jan-14 21:59:00

Bronchitis is usually viral hence the reason antibiotics don't work although I often give them just in case. Inhalers can work and if bad a short course of steroids.

darjeelingdarling Sun 19-Jan-14 10:00:30

oh no sad is it still being called bronchitis? hope you get well soon. thanks thanks

think I've turned a corner but going to Dr on Monday to be sure

walterwhiteswife Sun 19-Jan-14 00:12:35

ive been put on steroids sad

darjeelingdarling Fri 17-Jan-14 09:36:36

well the 'clog' in lower lungs not shifting and still feel quite weak.

day 5 of antibiotics and it should be starting to surely?

walterwhiteswife Thu 16-Jan-14 10:15:43

and you too babe xx

darjeelingdarling Thu 16-Jan-14 08:17:48

ah good, I have found inhaler works.

I don't seem to be shifting the clog in my lower lungs so far but I guess it's only been 3 days here.

hope you feel better soon smile

walterwhiteswife Thu 16-Jan-14 08:09:57

hey yes I have to finish antibiotics and if no better go for chest xray. she gave me a inhaler too x

darjeelingdarling Wed 15-Jan-14 21:13:36

hope you got some answers?

walterwhiteswife Wed 15-Jan-14 13:27:48

ive got an appointment at 430 so hopefully can find out what's wrong

darjeelingdarling Wed 15-Jan-14 12:29:03

I was given the inhaler to open up my airways more, I must admit I can feel the very lower parts of my lungs are 'soggy'. never experienced it before and I don't have asthma

walterwhiteswife Wed 15-Jan-14 10:31:48

That's exactly how I feel but I wasn't given an inhaler. if there is no improvement by tomorrow will go back to gp

darjeelingdarling Wed 15-Jan-14 10:18:56

I'm wondering this - had a cough over xmas, seemed better then felt totally spaced at work last week, started wheezing at the weekend and given antibiotics on Monday. and an inhaler ?

not getting or feeling any better and cracking getting worse. doesn't hurt though ?

never ever had anything like this

walterwhiteswife Tue 14-Jan-14 19:23:20

thanks cupcake. I just cant seem to shake it. hope you feel better soon

cupcakelover1983 Tue 14-Jan-14 19:10:02

I can't tell you the difference but I can sympathise. I have had exactly the same thing - even the same antibiotics. The clarythromycin (sp) seemed to start working after 2 days but I've been on them since Friday and still not feeling brilliant. Managing back at work though!

walterwhiteswife Tue 14-Jan-14 13:52:57

Anyone? feel like crap anyone know how long it takes to kick in?

walterwhiteswife Tue 14-Jan-14 13:37:57

had a chest infection diagnosed last friday and given amoxycillin. by monday cough got worse so I went back to drs and was given claryithmicin (sp) and she said it was probably acute bronchitis. whats the difference and why am rattling when I breathe??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now