Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

OMG - suspected thrush is actually...

(29 Posts)
ChocolateBiscuitCake Fri 10-Jan-14 16:42:48

WORMS.

Heeeellllp!

I haven't had thrush in over 15 years to was rather taken aback, to feel a bit uncomfortable in the nether region. But have been taking suppositories and not really much improvement.

Today I notice that DS2 has worms in his pooh.

We have all taken Ovex.

But the leaflet says that in women it can cause itching in the vagina.

It is pretty likely it is worms I've got, isn't it? No bottom itching at all though?

Am I the only adult in the UK with worms? Utterly mortified. Blaming the dog!!

noblegiraffe Fri 10-Jan-14 16:45:27

Suppositories won't improve thrush, you're putting them in the wrong place wink

DDs gave me worms, ovex worked just fine.
Wish lousy head lice were as easily scared off

ChocolateBiscuitCake Fri 10-Jan-14 16:49:42

hahahaha, pessaries!

<runs screaming from thread>

<helpful>

Fillybuster Fri 10-Jan-14 17:11:56

<offers tea and biscuits in sympathy>

Ugh.

You poor thing.

But still, ugh.

grin At least they're easily dealt with though (try to look on the bright side!)

ChocolateBiscuitCake Fri 10-Jan-14 17:14:01

I haven't actually seen any…but then, I am now not going to look either.

Just weird that my bottom doesn't, em, itch??!!

My DS gave me worms sad

I cannot use ovax because I am pregnant sad

It's not good...

ChocolateBiscuitCake Fri 10-Jan-14 17:17:14

OMG Pottering - what do you do??? Seriously??? Don't bother with thrush treatment…it doesn't work...

mamalovesbaby777 Fri 10-Jan-14 17:24:35

Hey PotteringAlong <waves>

I'm in same boat. 17 weeks preggers.

What have you been advised re treatmeant? That Ovex is def a no-no??

My doc seems to think it might be ok (its prescribed after first trimester in other countries apparently). Haven't taken it yet, waiting to see if i can crack it with pumpkin seeds and cleaning hmm

I've just been advised that as they're not harmful i need to wait it out, at least until the end of the first trimester (I'm only 7 weeks). I'm trying not to think about it...

mamalovesbaby777 Sat 11-Jan-14 13:21:15

Good luck with that!

:0

grin

LucyLasticBand Sat 11-Jan-14 14:03:16

wash and dry and wear pants and cut nails.
worms are really common.

<<itch>>

mamalovesbaby777 Tue 14-Jan-14 14:05:08

Pumpkin seeds, cutting down on sugar, boiling hot showers first thing plus praying rather urgently for them to buzz off worked a treat and pdq grin AMAZEBALLS no sign for several days //fingers crossed

Good skills! Mine seem to have buggered off too grin

ChocolateBiscuitCake Tue 14-Jan-14 21:59:54

Ds2's worms still have a tiny bit of life 5 days after ovex. Is that to be expected?

Yet to see a worm belonging to myself but discomfort/itching still intermittent.

Off to buy pumpkin seeds...

Wish I had thrush!

Cataline Tue 14-Jan-14 22:03:51

Bit of duct tape over your bumholio?! grin grin

darjeelingdarling Wed 15-Jan-14 10:14:41

on the bright side, some people have been given worms medically to control certain autoimmune diseases grin

<helpful>

TiaTheTulipFairy Wed 15-Jan-14 21:02:50

Possibly not the duct tape... but a good blob of vaseline is a good idea because they can't then get out and about so effectively to lay their eggs.

Also remember that the eggs are too small to be seen by the naked eye, become airborne in dust and can survive for I think it is up to 3 weeks outside the human body. So don't do as I once did, and having got rid of the blighters then go and empty the bagless vacuum cleaner rather enthusiastically. Oh what a foolish thing that was to do.

mamalovesbaby777 Thu 16-Jan-14 10:04:06

Oh fabulous PotteringAlong grin

Re the blob of vaseline, i'd read that this isn't a good idea as it forces the worms to lay their eggs INSIDE you, which is worse. Better they lay outside then you can shower them away first thing in the morning!

3bunnies Thu 16-Jan-14 10:11:56

onesies seem to break the life cycle by stopping them scratching in their sleep. <buys more shares in onesies>

EmGee Fri 17-Jan-14 14:38:44

I had a bout of thrush in December and felt similar symptoms in the nether region again this week so promptly took a thrush tablet.....

Now I am wondering if it could be worms!!! DD (4) often complains of sore bum area too.

We did do a worm treatment a year ago but am wondering if we shouldn't take the treatment again??

I haven't seen anything worm-like though....

Remember the doc telling me to do a worm treatment once a year...even if no signs of worms just to be on the safe side.

It's back with a vengeance sad oh my

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now