Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Night Sweats - not menopause?

(4 Posts)
ChancetoDance Thu 26-Dec-13 08:57:55

I'm 43 so I suppose they could be due to an impending menopause but I've been getting them ever since DS1 was born 13 years ago.

I did speak to the GP about 5 years ago but he more or less laughed them off. I don't think it's funny. I haven't had a proper night's sleep in 13 years. Was bought home to me again recently when DH asked for thermal PJs for Christmas - I sleep in my undies and wake up wet through every single night.

Any ideas of what it could be or anything I can do to make myself more comfortable?

SundaySimmons Thu 26-Dec-13 09:30:23
Mosschops30 Thu 26-Dec-13 09:46:12

I've been having these on and off for about a year.
I've had the blood test for menopause but it's not that.
My GP put it down to stress.

However I have come to the conclusion that it's my very expensive mattress. It's got a memory foam topper and it's the only solution I can find as when I sleep in other beds it doesn't happen

Failing that I may have HIV or cancer �� <or so dr Google says>

AlaskaNebraska Thu 26-Dec-13 09:47:24

I had them post natally. Terribly. I really sympathise. I had to change pyjamas in the middle of the night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now