Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dry mouth and throat despite drinking lots - stress?

(6 Posts)
BadSeedsAddict Thu 17-Oct-13 06:03:39

Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me any answers? I have had flu on and off over the last month, normal symptoms, but I now have a very sore throat and constant dry mouth and throat despite drinking plenty of water. It's really unpleasant and I just wondered if anyone had experienced this? It could be stress-related as I have just separated from my husband, however I have never had his in other stressful situations.

chimchiminee Thu 17-Oct-13 06:12:36

How are your eyes? Dry too?

digerd Thu 17-Oct-13 07:33:01

It depends on the depth of the trauma. Great stress or nervousness does dry your mouth out. My first experience of this was when I was older. Didn't get it when I was young and stressed/nervous.

BadSeedsAddict Thu 17-Oct-13 08:59:03

I'm not sure about my eyes, they could be? Thanks smile

chimchiminee Fri 18-Oct-13 05:51:04

I was just thinking that if you have other dryness too it might be worth speaking to your GP as some conditions (like sjorgrens) can cause this.

BadSeedsAddict Fri 18-Oct-13 11:25:31

Thanks chim, might get them to do an overall check as am generally run down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now