Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Have had a really bad headache for over a week....

(8 Posts)
cornishcreamtea Thu 10-Oct-13 08:18:48

do you think it could be due to lilies in the house? I know this seems trivial compared to other problems here but have had a really bad relentless headache for the last week, feeling sick also. Nothing has worked, paracetomol, migraleve, solpadeine plus etc ( not all at the same time I hasten to add).

As I was saying to my dp last night how fed up I was he mentioned all the flowers in the house. It was my birthday recently and I have had vases full all over. The lilies in particular have such a strong smell, could this be the cause by any chance?

Has anybody ever heard of this?

helzapoppin2 Thu 10-Oct-13 09:36:26

It could be. They give me bad hay fever. Try removing them. A week is a long time. You sound like you need a doctors appointment to me, just to rule out anything else.

babyjane67 Thu 10-Oct-13 09:42:00

Not wanting to alarm you by any means but please see yr gp to get it chkd
Same thing happened to a friends dh.he kept going bk to gp with bad back&they kept saying it was sciatica
Then few wks ago he was finally sent for xrays which confirmed he actually has cancer of the spine!

babyjane67 Thu 10-Oct-13 09:45:57

Sorry just re read it properly&realised you said head not backache!so just ignore me!

LittleNoona Thu 10-Oct-13 12:48:50

Lillies give me awful headaches!

They're beautiful, but I can't have them in the house.

FanjoForTheMammaries Thu 10-Oct-13 13:00:52

Can you put the lilies outside for a bit and see if it helps?

cornishcreamtea Thu 10-Oct-13 18:43:10

Thanks everyone for your advice. I think unfortunately the lilies are going to have to go!

I can't cope with lilies at all. Take them out and see if you improve - if not get thee to a GP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now