Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should I go to work today?

(14 Posts)
Tanyaaah Fri 04-Oct-13 16:35:11

Yes! Felt rubbish at 1st but was too busy today to feel sorry for myself grin . Thanks for making me go.

Sparklingbrook Fri 04-Oct-13 08:58:17

So did you go or not? smile

Tanyaaah Fri 04-Oct-13 07:46:56

I have preschoolers so can't call in sick the days I have them!

oohdaddypig Fri 04-Oct-13 07:23:59

A true sinus infection is ghastly and needs rest rest rest. Especially after three weeks.... It means your body isn't kicking the damn thing and needs more (and maybe antiobiotics)

Sparklingbrook Fri 04-Oct-13 07:22:46

Sounds like where I worked Art.

Artandco Fri 04-Oct-13 07:22:08

I would go in. Unless I can't stand from dizziness or am vomiting I would be at work. More than 3 days of a year and I would be interviewed to see why

Sparklingbrook Fri 04-Oct-13 07:18:12

Why would going in today make you ill again though?

I am only speaking from experience though. Where i used to work all sick days were logged, and if you had so many you had to have an interview with the line manager etc.....

oohdaddypig Fri 04-Oct-13 07:05:52

Are you saying you have had one day off, following three weeks of a sinus infection which you worked through?

If you still feel pants, I would stay off.....

Ps FWIW stay off all dairy too....

UnicornsNotRiddenByGrownUps Fri 04-Oct-13 07:04:32

Sorry you feel bad but yes I would go in to work. If you haven't showered yet maybe having a long hot shower might help, the steam always helps my sinuses.

Tanyaaah Fri 04-Oct-13 07:03:28

I realise how pathetic I am reading other threads on General Health! I've felt better a few times in the past 3 weeks only to get ill again so still not sure. hmmmmm

Having had sinusitis too many times to remember I would stay off

mermaidbutmytailfelloff Fri 04-Oct-13 06:57:27

yep go in

Sparklingbrook Fri 04-Oct-13 06:55:47

If it's nothing serious you should go in. Have you got that Friday feeling by any chance?

Tanyaaah Fri 04-Oct-13 06:40:30

I was off yesterday after being ill with sinusitis and general feeling crap for about 3 weeks. Feel a bit better but don't want to go in then get ill again. I know its nothing serious! Need to decide soon though!confused confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now