Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

I've just eaten raw bacon

(12 Posts)
leakylills Mon 01-Jul-13 14:53:23

Bloddy hell of course I looked up raw bacon worms. Feel fine today, many thanks to you all...

acebaby Mon 01-Jul-13 09:07:18

leaky - I'm sure you will be fine. As others have said, it is cured and unlikely to contain anything too nasty

meditrina - didn't they get really ill after that midnight feast? Not that I want to worry the OP...

charitygirl Sun 30-Jun-13 22:47:24

Don't worry - my mum has been known to eat raw bacon while chopping it during cooking. When quizzed she says 'it's cured!'. And she's a doctor.

paddyclampo Sun 30-Jun-13 22:43:03

My DH also did that with raw pancetta and he was fine!

idiot55 Sun 30-Jun-13 22:00:40

You be fine, a colleague of mine once ate pancetta raw confusing it with Parma ham, no ill effects

CaptainJamesTKirk Sun 30-Jun-13 17:38:26

Ooh I just googled... Can I suggest you don't google 'raw bacon worms'. wink

You'll be fine.

leakylills Sun 30-Jun-13 17:36:12

stomach churning, bowls quivering too. Nerves most probably.

meditrina Sun 30-Jun-13 17:33:33

Yes, load your self up with veterinary worm pills for every species you can get your hands on. Just in case.

leakylills Sun 30-Jun-13 17:29:07

Because it looked like Parma ham type stuff. It didn't taste raw though just a bit chewy.. DD came home and told me she got it from the butchers to make Pasta.. I'm still bloody terrified. Am I going to get worms or something horrid like that. D'you think I should take one of tose worm pills ?

CaptainJamesTKirk Sun 30-Jun-13 17:22:29

I doubt you'll die... Can I be the first to say eeeewwwwwwww, how could you not tell?

meditrina Sun 30-Jun-13 17:21:39

No.

It's cured and really unlikely to be harbouring anything nasty. (Channels Thekla's Chalet School midnight feast).

leakylills Sun 30-Jun-13 17:16:33

I know I should be out and about on this beautiful day but... Well obviously I thought it was cooked. I've got some fancy foreign bacon in the fridge, sliced thin - and I scoffed it in a Sarnie. Will I die??? Help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now