Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Morton's Neuroma surgery

(7 Posts)
Footle Fri 10-May-13 22:17:48

Thanks orangeflutie, I was trying to find your thread but couldn't - I'm so pleased it went well for you. Yes I've got two in one foot , and a horrid feeling the other foot may be developing one. But I'm going to ignore that as long as possible. I'm no runner but I need to be able to walk for longer than an hour, and manage an hour's exercise class without having to sit down before the end. It's encouraging to hear how well it's worked for you.
Thanks !

orangeflutie Fri 10-May-13 21:25:12

Original thread was Morton's Neuroma Has anyone had this? Sorry can't do the link blush

orangeflutie Fri 10-May-13 21:22:19

Hi Footle I remember you were on the Morton's Neuroma thread I started last year. Sorry to hear you've got two neuromas in one footsad

I had my neuroma removed at the end of March last year very successfully. I have numbness between two toes where the nerves were cut, which I was told about but I'm very happy with the result. I have a small vertical scar which is barely visible and am now back to running which I lovesmile

I would really recommend this surgery.

Footle Fri 10-May-13 16:42:48

Thank you, that's very helpful and also cheers me up. The recovery from the bunion surgery was so awful that I don't really want to let anyone near my feet except for a nice massage , but the neuroma pain makes it hard to get enough exercise. It's great to hear it has worked so well for your friend.

IndigoBarbie Fri 10-May-13 14:49:54

Hi, I know someone who had one removed just around 3 years ago and has found it a success-after being told they had arthritis in the foot for 7 years. The neuroma was removed from between the big and second toe and I believe the freedom from pain has been enormous.

Footle Fri 10-May-13 12:20:24

Bump, because I know someone here has had this op but I can't find the thread. The painful thing where you feel as if there's a lump under your foot, though there isn't.

Footle Thu 09-May-13 20:01:53

Can anyone tell me how successful this has been for them ? How much sensation is left in the relevant toe/s ? I've got two separate neuromas in one foot - they arrived after bunion surgery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now