Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Red Sore Lump - KLAXON (maybe)

(3 Posts)

hey Purple - I would happily take a pic for my profile if you don't mind stubbly pits.

I don't normally get such lumps!

Plus I'm supposed to be going out tomorrow night with a lovely new vest top on...that's now out of the question!

purplewithred Wed 10-Apr-13 13:16:20

I don't think i'd take it to the GP yet unless you feel unwell, it has a spreading red rash around it or other signs of nasty infection - maybe give it a bit of time to develop?

Do keep us updated, especially with photos...

TMI ( Sorry if you are currently eating lunch)

Shaved armpits as usual with clean disposable razor on Sunday and unusually got a slight shaving rash. Have kept it clean & haven't shaved since, but today....GOOD LORD - the pain.

The shaving rash is still there and one bit has turned lumpy and very red. I thought it could of been an ingrowing hair, so (to my shame) poked & squeezed it. Some clear liquid came out and the pain was unreal! I actually went light headed.

SO now I have a VERY angry red lump in my armpit, I don't actually know what it is. But, it is so painful & throbbing I can't put my arm by my side.

Do I pop to GP or is that a total over reaction ? I have put a plaster on it to stop it rubbing on my bra sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now