Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rashless Shingles ... anyone ?

(4 Posts)
squishee Sun 17-Mar-13 10:42:35

Most pharmacists are happy to help you decide whether to see the Dr. They see all sorts, all the time, and how symptoms pan out for people.

When I had shingles (during a stressful time) I felt tired, feverish and uncomfortable enough across half of my back to be really irritable.

When it was itchy enough that I was using a coathanger to reach and scratch, I decided something was up!
Sure enough, the shingles rash was there and duly diagnosed. That was after a good few days of feeling grotty.

Tillyboo Sat 16-Mar-13 22:07:29

Thanks for replying. I've had this feeling for a week or so, on & off - I had it before seeing the doctor but stupidly didn't mention it.

I notice it more in the evening but that might be because I'm quiet & not busy to notice.

It's really annoying rather than really painful, more uncomfortable really.

I feel much better as regards the flu, it's on its way out thankfully but I think I might return to the docs & ask him about this burning feeling.

I've found a lump on my achilles tonight, it's been really painful to walk so I'll have a list of things ... Yawn, I don't like bothering the doctor, I always feel I'm wasting his time !

squishee Sat 16-Mar-13 14:05:38

It sounds like you'll likely get the rash soon enough! It can take a while to come through IME. Did the symptoms appear after you saw the doc?

Tillyboo Sat 16-Mar-13 00:40:30

Hi, I've had a flu bug virus thingy for almost 2 weeks now & felt really ill with it. I've been really breathless to which the doctor prescribed an inhaler (which makes my heart race & my hands shake).

But I've also been having a weird sensation mostly down my left side, & under my bra strap across my back - but mostly down my side. Sort of a pulsing burning, tingling pain. It's not excrutiating but it is uncomfortable & really annoying. It's quite unpleasant.

I'm not one for getting too stressed but there are a few things emotionally going on at the moment & I know stress is not good for shingles.

I do not have a rash after 5 days of this feeling but upon doing some research I've discovered that you can have Shingles without the rash.

Before I bother my doctor again, can anyone shed some light on this ? Or has anyone experienced the same symptoms ?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now