Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

vaccine yes or no??????

(256 Posts)
123mon Thu 28-Feb-13 12:53:28

Hi, i would like to know your opinions about vaccine please. I decide to dont let my 3 years old daughter have the vaccine and i was wondering if there are other mums that think the same as me

which vaccine are you talking about?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 28-Feb-13 16:16:31

Very generally speaking the possible/rumoured side effects of any vaccine are far less serious/likely than the side effects of the disease itself.

123mon Thu 28-Feb-13 17:06:58

its the MMR vaccine and to be honest i dont like any others at all, i read the side effects and i dont think that there are less serious, plus they dont tell us whats inside the vaccine and more

OnlyWantsOne Thu 28-Feb-13 17:13:16

sits back and watches

Popcorn any one?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 28-Feb-13 17:21:20

If she has three has she not already had her first dose of MMR?

Blipbip Thu 28-Feb-13 17:24:26

<awaits this one to take off>

Pancakeflipper Thu 28-Feb-13 17:29:49

What side effects are you concerned about?

PhyllisDoris Thu 28-Feb-13 17:35:53

Have you ever seen a child with measles, mumps or rubella? I am old enough to have, and they aren't nice diseases.

usualsuspect Thu 28-Feb-13 17:38:00

There is a vaccination topic, maybe you could read that?

balia Thu 28-Feb-13 17:40:49

You can get full ingredients lists of all vaccines - was there a specific ingredient you were worried about?

Do a search in children's health for LOTS of discussions about the MMR vaccine.

Pollykitten Thu 28-Feb-13 17:41:49

this isn't a real post. I smell a journalist rat....

Then there are all those children genuinely unable to have the injection ... Who rely on the 'herd immunity'

Trazzletoes Thu 28-Feb-13 17:47:01

mon what exactly are the MMR side effects?

Because measles can cause death. How on earth is that "less serious" than something you think MMR can give you?

You may find you get more sympathy/understanding if you posted in the Vaccination topic, but not much.

Please feel free to link to the research that you've done.

Trazzletoes Thu 28-Feb-13 17:48:07

fleshwound indeed. My DS is reliant on herd immunity. I understand sometimes there are good reasons not to vaccinate but threads like this really test my patience.

TheFallenNinja Thu 28-Feb-13 18:45:04

Cracks open a can smile

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 28-Feb-13 20:49:19

Yep, this will kick off.

Things never to discuss;

Politics
Religion
Vaccines
Cat indoor/outdoor debate.

123mon Thu 28-Feb-13 21:02:11

people go and read the ingridients of the vaccine, alluminiom is a metal and not good for the bodies, other poison stuff, also even if you are vaccinate you can get the illnesses, i dont want people be rude i just want to know what people think about it, my daughter had the first mmr vaccine but i didnt know what was goin on

bruffin Thu 28-Feb-13 21:43:12

MMr doesn't have aluminium in, your every day food does and it is breastmilk and formula.

Blipbip Thu 28-Feb-13 21:58:42

vaccine here some bedtime reading on the mmr vaccine

skratta Thu 28-Feb-13 22:04:31

<buys a popcorn making machine>

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 28-Feb-13 22:11:44

If your daughter has no reaction to the first vaccine she is unlikely to have no reaction to the second.

The side effects of the diseases it protects against ate both common and serious.

bruffin Thu 28-Feb-13 22:13:49

Oh dear mercola Pleasehmm

123mon Thu 28-Feb-13 22:17:01

produce in chick embryo cells,
produce in WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts (aborted human embryo tissue),
sorbitol, sodium phosphate, potassium phosphate, sucrose, hydrolysed gelatin, medium 199 with Hanks salt, MEM, monosodium L-glutamate, neomycin, phenol red, sodium bicarbonate, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide
The IPV vaccine contain aluminium

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now