Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Golf ball sized breast lump

(28 Posts)

That's it really. It's in there, has been around for a few weeks and not going anywhere. Went to the gp today and referred into the breast clinic. It's a bit tender and mobile, which are supposed to be good. I thought it was a blocked duct at first but a ton of nursing and massage make no difference.

Hand holding appreciated. I'm trying to keep it in perspective and will hopefully have news it's a harmless cyst soon. I'm mid 30s for god's sake!

smee Tue 05-Mar-13 10:06:56

Spero, Sparkle's come and found us on the Tamoxifen thread, but feel free to come too. A lot of us have been through chemo on there and I know I found it helped a lot to talk to others who'd been through similar. We mostly talk about cake and normal life, but that's important too. Half way's good going. You can count down to the last one now. smile

Spero Tue 05-Mar-13 12:16:21

Thanks! I will pop in.

babySophieRose Wed 06-Mar-13 10:58:08

I had one 15 years back, it was like yours I think, it turns out it was non-cancer lump, fibroadenoma.Did not come back after surgery. More info here:
breastcancer.about.com/od/mammograms/p/fibroadenomas.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now