Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Possible allergy - worth going to GP?

(3 Posts)

Hi Chopsypie,

If this is a continuing problem it may be worth visiting your nearest walk-in centre or minor injuries unit.

Waiting times are often low and most are open 12 hours a day, everyday, so you can even go at the weekend.

frazzledbutcalm Mon 04-Feb-13 20:39:15

I'd just take OTC anti histamine.

Chopsypie Mon 04-Feb-13 15:06:34

Just after some advice about what (if anything) I should do!

In the last week or so I've been getting a rash on my legs and torso. Its red blotches with yellow raised spots, about half a cm wide. It looks very much like an allergic reaction (my sister has many allergies, and this is almost identical to how hers looks when it flares up)

It doesnt bother me (apart from looking unsightly) and there is no obvious trigger (no new washing powder or shampoo etc). Do I bother going to the GP? Can he do anything except give me anti histamine? Or do I just ignore it and take OTC anti histamine when it flares up?

I've got no other problems, no medical issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now