Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Why do I have itchy spots but only around my ankle sock line?

(33 Posts)
olivo Sun 20-Jan-13 17:53:49

That's it really, I have had these spots for about three weeks now, nowhere else but on the back of my ankles, where the top of my socks is. They are VERY itchy.

Any ideas?

olivo Sun 20-Jan-13 21:25:03

Oh balls, guess I will have to go and get some sort of spray then. Where do you get it from? A pet shop or a hardware shop?

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sun 20-Jan-13 21:29:05

Go to a vets and ask for the decent stuff.

Anything from the supermarket won't work.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sun 20-Jan-13 21:30:27

However, you might want to double check it at the GP first.
It might be an allergic thing

olivo Sun 20-Jan-13 21:34:41

Thanks. Will check it out tomorrow.

Startail Sun 20-Jan-13 21:38:58

Have you been getting cold, damp or muddy or living in walking boot socks or wellies. DD1 came out in a horrid spotty rash on the bottom of her legs after soggy week in Wales.

sashh Mon 21-Jan-13 04:33:33

I got bitten in a cinema.

Cat fleas (the only ones I know about) can sort of hibernate if they are not near a cat, when you walk around is when you wake them up and they bite.

digerd Mon 21-Jan-13 09:55:08

I had itchy spots on the inside of my ankle, GP said they were not bites from any insects. Didn't know why. They still come and go at times. I wear knee length socks , cotton rich. It flairs up mainly at night when I take the socks off and get worse in the night under duvet. He said they were not Bed Bugs bites, and I should leave my ankles outside the duvet - in the winter as heat makes it worse. Don't do that!

Eglantyne Mon 21-Jan-13 10:01:00

I got flea bites round my ankles in a cinema once. And also from getting a lift from someone whose car was full of dog hair! They take ages to go down, so it doesn't mean you have them in your house, unless you are getting new bites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now