Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

I feel awful, what is this? tummy ache and diarrhoea for 4 days

(7 Posts)
ellenjames Fri 14-Dec-12 15:44:33

no one at the party will thankyou for going if still having symptoms!

You have good reason not to go to the party tomorrow; give yourself a chance to rest properly.

Honesttodog Fri 14-Dec-12 15:20:54

spoke to GP on the phone, he thought it was a virus too, said it probably just needed to run its course.

Googled various natural remedies and Apple cider vinegar (1tb in a glass of water) and ginger tea made with fresh ginger seemed to help.

I have a party tomorrow and am feeling a bit nervous about drinking, hope it doesn't all come back with the hangover...

TapirAroundTheChristmasTree Thu 13-Dec-12 04:54:22

There's a virus going round that causes all those symptoms - entirely possible that you have it.

roundabout1 Wed 12-Dec-12 19:17:43

I just replied to another post about dd being very windy & generally off, I have it and feel really bloated as if I might just go pop. It's not nice sad

honest I had this last week. Is it a high up pain? I was very 'bunged up' and windy and also felt achy and dreadful!

I took 2 laxatives (bisocodyl) before bed and that night developed the shivvers and felt all new kinds of terrible! Things certainly started moving that night and I felt very sore and crampy the next day, not sure if this was a personal reaction but the next day I felt much much better.

Perhaps take a gentle laxative or stool softner?

Huge un-mn hugs, I feel your pain!

Honesttodog Wed 12-Dec-12 15:19:10

I have this horrible churning/burning ache in my tummy, feeling a bit nauseous all the time, I just want to go to bed but can't as I don't have any childcare for the next few days and DH is working late every night.

I just feel exhausted and unwell, am not pooing much but quite windy. not much desire to eat. I'd really like some homemade soup but no energy to make it.

House a disaster zone and amazon boxes everywhere waiting to be sorted and wrapped. I want to weep.

About to have ginger tea in an effort to settle my tummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now