Guest Houses, B&Bs and hotels in Normandy

(18 Posts)
KellyDavid Fri 21-Jun-13 08:06:59

Last month i have been to Normandy with my family .We stayed at a cottage it's very comfortable and my kids love the place a lot. I would like to recommend Family friendly cottages in Normandy for a perfect family vacation. Visit this website for more info--> www.domainedelatour.eu/page/family-friendly-cottages.html

sweetestcup Thu 09-May-13 20:30:43

I would thoroughly recommend this place we stayed in Normandy last year for 2 nights run by a very friendly couple, the wife was English and the husband Australian. It only has 2 rooms and they only rent out to 1 family at a time so you would have it to yourself. We drove up from the South of France and they had made us a lovely meal for our arrival night. Very friendly and helpful regarding local history and sights. Lovely gardens.

NXV839 Thu 09-May-13 14:43:01

I can also recommend Novotel. They're a great chain - and I'm a bit snobby when it comes to accomodation!

Soyamoi Thu 02-May-13 10:23:51

I recommend Domaine de la tour, the best place which can make your stay significant. For more details refer this site: www.domainedelatour.eu

BellaLasagne Tue 05-Apr-05 13:42:43

I love Novotels - www.novotel.com

They are classy, have an upmarket international feel, comfortable and have great family rooms yet aren't too expensive. Think of an upmarket Travel Inn but in French!!! Most have outdoor pools and lovely play areas.

happymerryberries Tue 05-Apr-05 13:07:26

Oh and there is a nice little crazy golf in Avrache that my dd loved!

francophile Tue 05-Apr-05 12:54:59

Thanks Happymerryberries - I'll take a gander at it

francophile Tue 05-Apr-05 12:54:35

Ah, I see what you mean Oldiemum; will bear that in mind!

happymerryberries Tue 05-Apr-05 12:38:21

We are going here for a night each way on our camping holiday

http://www.bandbnormandie.com/pages/1/index.htm

OldieMum Tue 05-Apr-05 12:31:11

I didn't think you were a snob, don't worry. But I did think you might be a bit of an optimist. IME, 'smart' places in France can easily fall over into snottiness. We like most the slightly-creaky establishments that have been run by the same family for three or four generations. There are plenty of those in the Guide, though it's got more of the Relais et Chateaux-type places than the equivalent guide for the UK and Ireland.

francophile Tue 05-Apr-05 11:11:00

Thanks Oldiemum,

I'm not an incorrigible snob - bad choice of word there with classy! I meant 'nice' / smart ...

Thanks very much for the link

OldieMum Tue 05-Apr-05 10:54:06

I've just remembered one place we found through them - Ferme de la Ranconniere, at Crepon. Website is here

It is quite 'classy'. The owner was a little bit snooty, but the staff were lovely and we liked the rooms and the food.

OldieMum Tue 05-Apr-05 10:49:03

Try the Good Hotel Guide for Continental Europe. They cover a large price range, from Chateaux to modest, family-run hotels. We can afford only to stay in the cheaper places they mention, but they have all been nice, though not necessarily 'classy'.

francophile Tue 05-Apr-05 10:33:48

Thanks, I will try that lapsedrunner

lapsedrunner Tue 05-Apr-05 10:33:04

Can't suggest anywhere specific as we normally rent a Gite but suggest searching for a Chambre D'Hote on (sorry no good at links) www.gites-de-france.fr

francophile Tue 05-Apr-05 10:32:40

Thanks Ok!

Any ideas anyone?

ok Tue 05-Apr-05 08:47:59

Just bumping for you

francophile Mon 04-Apr-05 21:46:10

Any recommendations please?

We are taking our 3 year old and 1 year old on holiday to Normandy in August.

We don't want to self cater and would like to stay in a classy (by which I mean well appointed, smart, in good nick - not 'snooty')guest house, B&B or hotel.

Any recommendations please?

Thanks,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now