How can I remove the smell of vomit from my car carpet?

(9 Posts)
Wandastartup Sat 02-Feb-13 15:04:41

I expect they've sorted it out now- 5 years on...

katonggirl Sat 02-Feb-13 14:55:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

curiouscat Wed 09-Jan-08 19:25:20

Ooh Sherbert poor you. I've avoided letting anyone non-family in the car but can't pull it off much longer. Thanks for the tips everyone, now I'll have to find my bicarb smile

Sherbert37 Wed 09-Jan-08 18:10:50

I copped out and had the car valeted after DD threw up in it, as I was collecting my new boss from the station. The car was only 6 weeks old.

3madboys Wed 09-Jan-08 18:07:47

lots of my friends recomend zoflora, it is very strong, sold in a little bottle and you have to dilute it.

i use the bicarb method and sometimes dilute some essential oils and then use that hth

WestCountryLass Wed 09-Jan-08 18:03:12

I have scrubbed mine with Boots disinfectant (smells nicer than Dettol) and boiling hot water.

Washersaurus Wed 09-Jan-08 17:03:40

Oh and a steam cleaner - that really helped grin

Washersaurus Wed 09-Jan-08 17:02:59

We used bicarb, oust and febreeze on ours which helped - on seperate cleaning attempts I must add, not all at once. We could still catch a whiff of it every now and then tho.

curiouscat Wed 09-Jan-08 16:56:46

Hi, says it all really, dd had the vomiting bug. My car has non-removable carpets. I've used spray foam cleaners but a week on it's dry and stinks still. Would appreciate any tips to remove the smell not just disguise it. Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now