Valet parking at Heathrow

(10 Posts)
Zeeky Mon 17-Mar-14 11:33:58

Can anyone recommend a valet parking service at Heathrow? We're travelling to US from Terminal 5, with a 6yr old and 4 yr old and I'll be 30wks pregnant, so wanted to make getting to airport/parking as easy as possible for ourselves.

Purple parking. Have used them hundreds of times and they have always been great

Zeeky Mon 17-Mar-14 11:53:30

Did you have to wait long for them to bring your car when you arrived back? A friend used one company (can't remember which one), who made them wait nearly an hour for their car at 4am, with a screaming toddler! They kept phoning the valet parking company who kept telling them their car was on its way. Want to avoid anything like that, so thought I should get some recommendations.

No, you ring them as soon as you land (tell them you have no bags to collect even if you have) and they're nearly always there before you get out of the airport.
I've had horrific waits with other companies though

Optimist1 Mon 17-Mar-14 13:02:14

Purple Parking and Heathrow Valet Parking have both been excellent in the past for me - no waiting around for car to appear. Well worth the ££s IMO.

SpringyReframed Mon 17-Mar-14 13:09:46

I have used several different ones and I have never had a problem with any of them. You can usually find voucher codes too. I always go on a parking comparison website (try Moneysupermarket) before I choose which company to use but be careful as sometimes the advertised price isnt the one you end up paying as some dont show the airport charge until you have got the the point of nearly entering in you credit card details.

It is worth every penny. Its wonderful to leave your car right outside the terminal and saves hours, and when you get back and are tired it is bliss not to go trekking off on a bus to find your car.

rainbowmagic1974 Mon 17-Mar-14 22:01:32

We used purple parking for terminal 5. Dropped the car off and picked it up in the car park next to the terminal. Really easy and they even cleaned it too ( wasn't that much extra!)

MillyMollyMama Mon 17-Mar-14 22:53:22

Purple Parking here too! If you arrive at T5 you don't even have to ring them as they have accurate arrivals information and T5 luggage can arrive very quickly.

When you arrive, you go fast track into the short stay car park, leave the car with them removing any house keys from the car key ring, then go over the bridge straight into T5. Could not be easier and we have only waited once for the car upon our return. This is once out of many, many years of using them.

thatbitpink Mon 17-Mar-14 23:03:18

My friend always uses https://www.facebook.com/ILoveMeetAndGreet?ref=profile and raves about their service.

noramum Tue 18-Mar-14 14:19:33

I agree with the others, we used them several times and always on time and parked next to the counter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now