How much spending money in Sweden?

(11 Posts)
Everhopeful Fri 11-Oct-13 11:23:01

Doh! Just realised you were probably talking about last weekend!

Everhopeful Fri 11-Oct-13 11:22:25

I used to go to Sweden quite a bit, though haven't been for ages. There are a few things I doubt will have changed among which is that there is always a daily special in the restaurants (think it's a legal requirement) - look for "dagensraett (sorry, can't do an a with an umlaut!). You can usually eat as much as you want and it's normal to eat enough to last you till the next day if you're inclined, but it's only on at lunch unless you get lucky: dinner is the expensive bit. If you're ok with alcohol-free beer, Pripps blaw (a with a little o on the top) is the best and usually reasonably-priced (if you're into spirits, take out a mortgage before you go!grin). Have fun and make your Stockholm card work hard - I wish I was going with you!

KatyMac Fri 04-Oct-13 10:14:28

"Lunch 10 quid, coffee 3 cakes 2-3 sandwich 3-6 beer 5-7" is what my brother says & he lives in Stockholm

Amateurish Thu 03-Oct-13 19:17:12

Sounds like you can spend as little or as much as you want. If you've already paid for activities and public transport, then surely your only costs will be food and drink? Lunch and a coffee won't be much at all.

Brillig Thu 03-Oct-13 16:13:44

I don't think we'll be drinking! Luckily the Stockholm card seems like a very good deal for transport and museums. Really can't wait to go...

Dollybird86 Thu 03-Oct-13 15:34:50

Its expensive! I went as a backpacker 3 years ago and spent about £60 a day and I dont drink but I did eat lots of nice food but no where fancy, enjoy its a great city.

hermioneweasley Thu 03-Oct-13 15:30:48

Prices in Sweden are about double to two thirds prices in London

Brillig Thu 03-Oct-13 15:29:13

Thanks, Creamy. That's actually a bit more than I thought, and I reckoned I was being on the extravagant side! Wow. Mind you, I knew it was going to be pricey...

CreamyCooler Thu 03-Oct-13 15:19:05

I went to Sweden this Summer and would say allow £100 a day for lunch, coffees etc. If you don't spend it all you can always use it towards an evening meal.

Brillig Thu 03-Oct-13 12:55:50

Anyone? Maybe no-one's been to Sweden!

Brillig Thu 03-Oct-13 10:56:11

DP and I are running away to Stockholm for a quick break - only a long weekend unfortunately, but I'm really looking forward to it.

We've paid for the hotel which includes breakfast, and will pre-buy a Stockholm card for museum entries + public transport. Dinner will probably go on a credit card.

Given all that, but also knowing it's a pretty expensive city, how much general spending money would be needed for, say, a day?

Hoping there are some old Stockholm hands out there....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now