Cheap hotels in Calais

(7 Posts)
sweetestcup Sun 29-Sep-13 21:23:58

Planning on a drive to the South of France next Summer (yes its early but just back from holiday this year so this will cheer me up!), done this many times from our home just outside Glasgow and we usually stop overnight in Folkestone and get an early train. However was thinking of driving straight to France and stopping overnight in Calais instead which which give us a good start in the morning and am looking for some recommendations for hotels to fit 2 adults and 2 children in Calais. I remember someone mentioning Ibis and looked this up, there are quite a few and I didnt know what one to go for, some when I tried were only allowing 1 child per room, but Im guessing my 12 year old would be an adult then. Anyone stayed anywhere nice and cheap and clean?

Have stayed in ibis budget although not in Calais, which was fine. They only do 3 to a room, but we took sleeping bag and roll into room and 6 yo slept on the floor. We all ate breakfast together and no one seemed to have an issue with it!

sweetestcup Sun 29-Sep-13 21:39:10

Ah maybe thats why I cant get 4 to a room then! Thanks smile

cheerup Mon 30-Sep-13 07:23:25

B and B Hotels do rooms for 4 with 4 beds or 2 doubles and 2 singles. There are 2 in Calais.

cheerup Mon 30-Sep-13 09:03:45

Also meant to say that we stayed in the one nearest to Eurotunnel and it was fine. Basic but clean, secure and roomy. It also had a proper bathroom not one of those plastic pods you get in the ultra budget hotels ie F1.

sweetestcup Mon 30-Sep-13 10:53:35

Thats exactly what I'm looking for cheerup, thanks!

googietheegg Mon 30-Sep-13 10:54:43

Yup, B&B are fab! Also Premiere Classe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now