How to get the best out of an ipod on a long journey? Travel games apps etc? Any suggestions please

(7 Posts)
Ruffello Mon 29-Jul-13 15:40:30

What kind of iPods do you have? There are loads of games available for the iPod Touch.

Twirlyhot Sat 27-Jul-13 21:33:03

War horse, The Hunger Games books, the Book Thief, The Curious Incident of The Dog ... all on iTunes.

This site is good, especially for BBC stuff. Buy on a computer as mp3 and transfer to iPod. Dr Who and comedy stuff?

NorbertDentressangle Sat 27-Jul-13 21:25:05

oops yes, so you can blush.

Will have a browse.

Thank you

Twirlyhot Sat 27-Jul-13 21:20:48

You can buy them through iTunes!

NorbertDentressangle Sat 27-Jul-13 21:18:05

aaah yes, I'd not thought of audio books.

How does that work with an ipod? You can't buy them via itunes can you so is there an app?

(sorry, complete ipod novice in case you've not guessed already blush)

JiminyCricket Sat 27-Jul-13 20:33:03

Audio books are the best I think. Look on itunes for ones that have 2-6 hours on them at least (can get a bit expensive if they are short), say a mystery series or something. My two are a bit younger so no recommendations but there are loads.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 27-Jul-13 20:07:52

We have a long, long European car journey ahead of us which I'm partly dreading.

We've got two DC (9yo and 13yo) and two ipods.

How can we use the latter to entertain and amuse the former ?

Any good travel games? Would films work on there or take up too much memory? Hypnosis apps to make them sleep the entire journey?

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now