Airport security with baby food in plastic pot greater than 100ml

(6 Posts)
RunningGuerita Tue 23-Jul-13 11:49:13

What are the odds of my getting through airport security with two tubs of Plum toddler meals in plastic pots weighing 190gr?

Last time I did this, DD1 was 9 months old and I only had pouches which they made me taste in front of them. Minted pea lamb roast at 6am. Yummy.

You can't re-shut these once you open them though so if they make me open them, we have to toss them. http://www.plum-baby.co.uk/store/meals/chickpea-chicken-tagine-182.html

ceeveebee Tue 23-Jul-13 11:53:59

I think they will make you open a random sample of whatever you take.
I took food which I had cooked myself in a tupperware, they made me open it and taste it. Could you put them in a tupperware once they have been opened, in a cool bag they'll be ok for a while?

NatashaBee Tue 23-Jul-13 11:54:55

I'd say you'd have to taste at least one of the two. Which airport are you going from, is there a Boots after security where you could buy baby food?

CMOTDibbler Tue 23-Jul-13 11:55:00

Take a tupperware tub.

Or just take sandwiches.

BeenieBaby Tue 23-Jul-13 11:57:45

Take a pouch instead? You can reseal and use up to 48h later.

RunningGuerita Tue 23-Jul-13 11:58:37

Yes you're probably right, they will make me open them won't they? We are flying out of Heathrow. I will just leave what I bought at home and try to buy something at Boots on the other side. And of course also pack sarnies.

Really looking forward to a transatlantic flight with a 1 year old and a 2.5 year old :-) At least there will be one adult for each child!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now