Passport counter-signatory contacted - timescales?

(12 Posts)
DawnOfTheDee Wed 19-Jun-13 18:12:01

Yay! Panic over grin

changechangechange Wed 19-Jun-13 13:11:20

It's arrived! smile

changechangechange Sun 16-Jun-13 10:54:57

Aha! That is brilliant news, thanks HotCrossPun. In that case I won't plan to call before Thurs/Fri. Hopefully it won't even come to that.

Gah, if ever there's a next time, I'm sorting the passport as soon as I've registered the birth! grin

HotCrossPun Sat 15-Jun-13 21:13:31

*But you may find that when you call the passport has already been printed.

We are quite speedy at the moment grin

HotCrossPun Sat 15-Jun-13 21:12:32

If you upgrade your application you won't have to attend an appointment.

If the application has been checked over, but the passport hasn't been printed yet, then all you do is pay for the upgrade over the phone.

Just call the passport advice line with your barcode number and they will check on the progress and pass you through to the processing office to take payment.

changechangechange Sat 15-Jun-13 19:38:25

Oooh, that's reassuring, Dawn and Doodle. Thanks. Maybe I'll give it til Tues before calling to try to get an appointment. Glad yours came in time, Doodle.
Stressful! First-world problems, I know. But stressful.

Doodledumdums Sat 15-Jun-13 19:33:49

This was us two weeks ago! Our DS's passport arrived the day before we were due to go on holiday! Which was exactly a week after our countersignatory was contacted, so it took them less than a week to get the passport out to us once they received his verification, plus we had a bank holiday to slow things down.

Really hope it comes on time!

DawnOfTheDee Sat 15-Jun-13 19:29:02

Our counter signatory was contacted. We got the passport less than a week after he responded.

changechangechange Sat 15-Jun-13 19:27:34

Thanks, Stiffy. Argh. I don't know how long to wait til trying to upgrade.

StiffyByng Sat 15-Jun-13 18:06:27

I was the counter-signatory contacted. My friends had a similar timescale to yours and got the passport in the days before they travelled.

changechangechange Fri 14-Jun-13 19:35:25

Bump

changechangechange Fri 14-Jun-13 10:16:40

Hi

If the person who counter-signed your passport was contacted, how long did it take for you to receive your passport after they replied?

It's DS' first passport. We travel 2 weeks Tuesday. So if I need to try to upgrade to the one-week service, I need to get an appointment for next week.

Counter-sig returned forms to them this Tuesday, so with the slowest possible post they must have received them by today.

TIA. Stressed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now