best all inclusive resort / or general resort you've been to?

(28 Posts)
smilesandsun Tue 07-May-13 10:50:55

Hello,

Starting with a blank page for our summer holiday. Looking for a lux all inclusive, but happy to hear of other resorts as well. Most important things are a good pool, great food and hopefully kids clubs too (6 & 9). Don't mind the distance we have to travel.

Look forward to hearing your fav places. smile

Hersetta Tue 14-May-13 08:42:42

eek missed a digital at the pront...it was £6800, that was from 19 may for 2 weeks flying direct with BA.

Lucyhanco Sat 01-Jun-13 23:45:25

If you are thinking of the Maldives the weather is pretty unpredicatable. We have been 3 times over Xmas and it meant to be their hot sunny season but had some rain. During our summer it's meant to be their rainy season however we met some people who'd also been in Aug and said that it rained for around 1-2 hours and then fantastic sunshine.

Interested in your post as we are looking for summer holiday and can;t believe the prices that the European resorts are charging and just priced Kuredu in the Maldives AI at around £11k which is cheaper than alot of Greek & Italian holidays that I've priced up.
I have also stayed at the Forte Village and not sure that the price there warrants the enjoyment of the holiday. The basic accommodation is really shabby considering that in the summer season families are paying a min of £10k HB for a 2 week holiday. The accommodation is tiered in realation to the restuarants you are allowed to eat at.It is a great destination for sporty kids especially football. Not sure I would recommend the kids club for small children as felt the staff's English very poor as they cater for mainly Italians and Russians now.

Egypt I would definitely avoid in the summer. Sharm is in the early 40's today and I only gets hotter. I made the mistake going for a summer holilday there 5 years ago and I love the heat and it was way too hot , especially for children. In fact it was so hot in the evenings that it was unbearable to sit outside and everyone was crowded in the air-con inside. Egypt is an Easter/Oct destination.

Thailand is a great holiday destination with children but again think that it is really hot during our summer.

middleagedspread Sun 02-Jun-13 15:43:35

Jalousie Plantation/Sugar Beach in St Lucia. Fantastic AI, super luxury accommodation (think private villa with plunge pool), amazing food & great children's clubs. Hot & sunny in August with occasional downpour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now