Does anyone know of any airport parking companies which cover both Heathrow and Gatwick?

(12 Posts)
Hulababy Wed 01-May-13 20:25:59

We are having an issue with our flights for the summer.

We fly into Washington DC (or possibly NY) but fly home from Antigua.

The Virgin flights don't match up with the Uk airports though!

Washington/NY - only fly from Heathrow
Antigua - only fly from Gatwick

We will be going by car but obviously have a parking issue - how to park for Heathrow departure, but then collect from Gatwick?

We don;t want to do the train in and out of London - partly due to relatively early flights each way and tiredness of way home, and just the hassle really.

Found a taxi service which would take us between for £65.

Now considering if one of the valet parking might be able to help. We do the valet parking, drop off type, quite a lot - where you drive to the airport and a driver meets you, removes car and parks it somewhere for the fortnight, and then they drive your car and meet you at the airport on arrival.

I was wondering if this would be possible with some of the valet parking - but them serving both airports.

Has anyone had this issue and how did you solve it??

mummymeister Wed 01-May-13 22:35:00

This happened to us. we flew to Miami out of Heathrow and came back from Orlando into Gatwick. We spent ages on it and in the end we parked at Gatwick and then got a taxi to Heathrow. was really easy tbh (don't know why I was stressing about it so much) and it meant no travelling when we got back and knew we would be more tired. Valet parking is just the valet for the airport not in between the two.

Hulababy Fri 03-May-13 07:08:19

Thanks. That it what we are considering at the moment, the taxi thing.

The valet stuff was just an idea to see if it was possible if the same coming covered both airports. Was wondering if could be arranged if we called them up.

For probably not much extra you may be able to find a firm that will take you all to Heathrow and pick you up from Gatwick at the end of your holiday.

mummymeister Fri 03-May-13 12:16:15

Hulababy we found the parking at Gatwick cheaper easier and quicker than at Heathrow plus we knew we would be tired coming back due to the time difference so wanted to get straight in the car. We paid £75 for 5 plus lots of luggage to go from Gatwick.

Hulababy Fri 03-May-13 21:50:50

Atilla - we are in Sheffield, so airport run from there and back much dearer when I looked.

We agree - think the travelling from Gatwick to Heathrow at start will be easier than the other end of the holiday.

Re where you reside I certainly see the problems re taxi to airport.

It may be cheaper re Heathrow to arrive near there the night before and stay overnight offsite at one of the hotels like the Holiday Inn and leave the car there for the duration of your holiday.

I think there is a regular National Express coach service that runs between Gatwick and Heathrow; it may be worth looking into that as well.

LIZS Sat 04-May-13 08:31:39

yes regular shuttle bus between Gatwick and Heathrow.

Having given his further thought, I'd arrange for a taxi instead to take you back to the Heathrow area.

Hulababy Sat 04-May-13 11:25:29

Thanks all. Booking flights this weekend so will get parking/taxis sorted too

jaspal12 Sun 21-Jul-13 22:23:59

there is a company called heathrow parking day and night they picked our car from gatwick and returned it to heathrow.it might solve your parking problem.

DalePie Mon 26-Aug-13 18:04:54

There are a few to be honest. Purple Parking, Click Park and the Heathrow Airport Parking Shop.

Heathrow is very expensive though compared to other airports!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now