Cheap suitcases

(9 Posts)
curmit Mon 29-Apr-13 21:02:25

ooh, never heard of Pillo - will have a look. Think a trip to TKMaxx also in order. Thanks all smile

CMOTDibbler Mon 29-Apr-13 14:00:53

My Samsonite cost £££, but gets a pounding, and so worth it. A colleague has a soft Pillo bag for long trips, and its lasted really well, esp considering the price

girlywhirly Mon 29-Apr-13 13:49:55

TKMaxx have good quality cases at cheaper prices, definitely worth a look.

preggersbycheggers Mon 29-Apr-13 13:14:56

As airline crew I would never buy cheap but then my luggage would be used ALOT!

Those Tripp bags are a good compromise for the occasional traveller.

noramum Mon 29-Apr-13 11:43:04

We had some very good experiences with Samsonite. DH and I travel for business quite a lot and one of our cases gave up after 12 years of constant use (at least once a month).

We forked out £150 for a new one and hope it will be a good investment again. Nothing is worse than a suitcase with wonky wheels or bad closing mechanism.

curmit Sun 28-Apr-13 22:33:27

Thank you! Have been umming and ahh-ing over a few from debenhams, they seem to have some good sales prices.

quoteunquote Sun 28-Apr-13 21:10:46

Sorry meant to say we bought a few a while back, and they have done really well.

quoteunquote Sun 28-Apr-13 21:09:06

these are great, light and tough and don't break the bank.

curmit Sun 28-Apr-13 14:44:46

Are they any good, or is it false economy? Anyone bought cheapo ones that fell to bits/ didn't last the journey? Need to buy at least two for hols this summer and can't decide whether to fork our or go cheap.

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now