Booking early for 2014

(6 Posts)
RollerCola Wed 24-Apr-13 22:21:16

Thanks butterkist, didn't realise they'd be on sale so soon. I'll have a look tomorrow!

Butterkistbutterkistrarara Wed 24-Apr-13 12:43:33

Yep, Thomson and First Choice summer 2014 holidays go onsale tomorrow.

I booked last year for our holiday this summer and we got a free child place and low deposit. If we tried to book the same holiday now it would cost us about £500 more.

We booked a package through Jet2 this time, it was cheaper than paying for the flights and accommodation separately.

There were still free child places available about December time for the holiday we chose, i think it depends on when you are going, ie the free child places will get used up pretty quickly during peak season, whereas you will be able to get them for longer if you travel outwith school holidays.

thistlelicker Wed 24-Apr-13 06:38:56

Some places are now advertising
Summer 2014 .... I think it was Thomson!

frenchfancy Wed 24-Apr-13 06:26:20

If you want a particularly good villa or one that has something different about it then booking more than 12months in advance may be the only way to get what you want. I wouldn't expect a discount though.

givemeaclue Tue 23-Apr-13 22:34:28

I don't think flights are avail yet, I have been looking too

RollerCola Tue 23-Apr-13 22:25:37

Are there still benefits to be had by booking early for either a hotel or villa family holiday for July/Aug 2014, and does anyone know when is the earliest you can book?

Is it the flights or the accommodation (or both) that offer early booking discounts and/or free child places, and how do you know when the offers start/finish?

Any advice would be appreciated. We are not holidaying abroad this year but would definitely like to go somewhere in Europe next summer. Just wondering how & when to get an early deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now