Roscoff for an overnight stay. things to do, lunch and B&B recommendations please!

(5 Posts)
FruitOwl Wed 10-Apr-13 16:06:40

Oh, and my mum goes every year and always stays in the Temps de Vivre. Think I spelled that right!

FruitOwl Wed 10-Apr-13 16:04:06

There's a restaurant in a hotel called the Talabardan, by the church, that does amazing food. Not sure how family friendly it is but might be worth looking into! The view out to sea is stunning too.

It's been a few years since I was there but there is a cinema, a market on the quay, and you can take a boat to nearby Ile du Batz which is great for walking or bike ride as there are next to no cars. St Pol du Leon is a short bus ride away too and is nice to look round.

Hope you have a lovely time!

PavlovtheCat Fri 05-Apr-13 19:38:33

anyone ?

PavlovtheCat Fri 05-Apr-13 01:04:30

oh and the lunch needs to be family friendly. we went to a lovely michelin starred place near carcassonne once and it was superb and very family oriented, everyone was their with their children from babies to grown ups, that's the kind of thing we want, rather than stuffy overpriced places just for the name...tall order?

PavlovtheCat Fri 05-Apr-13 00:00:02

It's DH's 40th, we want something special, but not a huge holiday, just a trip away somewhere with the children that is stress free. We can hop on an overnight ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff with no stress, stay a whole day on DHs birthday, overnight, back for mid afternoon ferry following day.

What I would like to know is:

1. what is there to do in Roscoff?
2. is there a Michelin * restaurant in or around Roscoff? we are not taking the car, but happy to get a cab to it if not stupidly far out of the centre. DH is a chef and loves his food so lunch is important part of our trip. If no Michelin * then other recommendations would be received well too.
3. Where do you recommend staying that is not a chain hotel (ideally a B&B but open to ideas) that has a family room for 2 adults and two young children (3 and 6), friendly and does lovely breakfast (we won't want an english fry up).

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now