Disneyland Paris shuttle bus

(14 Posts)
zipzap Sat 06-Apr-13 22:44:28

Just had a quick look on google - seems to take about 9 mins with regular services; might be worth looking into. there looks like there's a bit of walking but assume if it's anything like heathrow etc then whether you get there by car, coach or train then there's going to be some walking involved! And knowing the train will be there in 9 mins is much better than thinking how long am I going to be sitting in this traffic jam!

zipzap Sat 06-Apr-13 22:29:43

Does the train go from dlp station to cdg?

Even if you have to go via central Paris, might be easier than driving and hopefully there would also then be a toilet...

Sorry, I know there are train stations at both but never need to do that particular journey by train. But hopefully somebody else will know...

There's also a good info site called something like dlpmagic.com and the dlp section on trip advisor is also good.

Have fun!

NotMoreFootball Sat 06-Apr-13 22:18:45

Traffic starts to build up from mid-afternoon onwards so leave PLENTY of time for your journey, I have missed 2 flights at CDG before after being stuck in traffic (highly embarrassing!). Also, have a big lunch before you leave DLP as the Easyjet terminal doesn't really have any decent shops or restaurants.

plipplops Sat 06-Apr-13 21:41:05

notmorefootball what sort of time does rush hour start?? Guess we'll be trying to get to CDG for about 5pm so would we miss it?? (Think I might be overthinking this a little...!!)

NotMoreFootball Sat 06-Apr-13 19:20:10

I lived in Paris for several years and found an airport run could take up to 3 hours on a Friday afternoon / evening so be prepared!

Floralnomad Sat 06-Apr-13 18:10:23

Disney to CDG is really easy and well signposted , probably about an hour if there's bad traffic .

plipplops Sat 06-Apr-13 18:04:53

Oh no andy84! Ok so anyone got any tips on driving from Disney to Charles De Gaulle? Pretty sure it's terminal 2B for Easyjet... X

andy84 Sat 06-Apr-13 15:28:23

Our flight home was 8.30pm, and our taxi picked us up at 5.30 & the traffic was mental, but think its mental all the time! Coz on our arriving day. We travelled at 2.30 in the afternoon and it was insane! CDG airport is massive!! Our taxi dropped us off at the wrong departure gate (our own fault!) and we walked for 20 mins to .correct .one sad xx

plipplops Sat 06-Apr-13 08:14:25

Thanks all, really appreciate your replies. We were hiring a car (going somewhere else for the week before Disney), and were going to return it at DLP when we arrived and get the transfer back to the airport. Now we've decided to keep the car the whole time and drive back to the airport instead. We fly home at about 7pm on a Friday so I guess traffic is going to be terrible? Do they have rush hour the same as the UK? Suppose we would be aiming to get to Charles De Gaulle about 5pm?

givemeaclue Sat 06-Apr-13 08:08:23

Could you get eurostar instead then you have toilet access for whole journey.

andy84 Fri 05-Apr-13 19:31:27

We went to dlp last November, and decided against the bus, as depending what hotel your staying at. Depends on time on bus. New York hotel was 2nd last drop off, and the bus took nearly 2 hours to arrive coz off traffic, we got a taxi, it was 65 euros each
Way, it was expensive, but the taxi drivers, have DVDs in cars for kids & help with bags and i thought it was just alot more relaxed. smile xx

cornygrigio Fri 05-Apr-13 19:25:57

it is a nightmare
not so bad on the way back, but an absolute scrum on the way there

Hi the VAE shuttles don't have toilets on board and can take over an hour to and from the airport if the traffic is bad, it might be worth booking a private transport or taxi if you are concerned.

plipplops Wed 03-Apr-13 09:10:47

Has anyone been on the Disneyland Paris shuttle (the VEA one?) and does it have a toilet onboard? I know it's lame but I suffer from bad IBS and need to know that kind of thingblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now