Sharm el Sheik

(8 Posts)
emma123456 Mon 15-Apr-13 13:03:18

Look at sultan gardens....nice family suites and great trip advisor reviews. Were going back for the fourth time in October.

Alonglongway Mon 15-Apr-13 01:21:29

Just back from the holiday village Red Sea - very family friendly and easy.

Oh, er, you mean this may? I won't be able to help, but that's where we're going and it looks pretty good to me, fingers crossed.

I can tell you at the end of may! We're going to the sensatori in Sharm in a couple of weeks which is run by Coral Sea. There is a uk regulated nursery on site which we're using for our 5 month old (she will be then) and kids club for the 4 year old.

partylikeits1999 Wed 10-Apr-13 20:08:58

With Sharm if being on the beach /direct access to the beach is important to you then make sure you do your research on this as many hotel say beach access or private beach but this is not the same as the beach being in the grounds of the hotel Also most of the hotels that are on the beach often don't have direct access to the sea you have to walk out on floating pontoons ( they are quite safe and big ) in order to get to the deep water because of the Coral

Those that i have listed in Sharks bay all have sister hotels ( which are opposite the main beach hotel so if you were in the sister hotel you could easily have a 10 -15 min walk to the beach as those three hotels in shark bay are set into the cliffs and you walk down to the beach
( although they will all do a shuttle bus )

My favourite one would be this one the Sunrise Island View In Sharks Bay ( the junior suite are huge separate living room and they are not that more expensive than the standard rooms which are tiny ) they are two storey high villas ( the top floor ones have two balcony and twin beds and a big sofa bed in the living room 4 swimming pools inc adults /teens only sport pools with volley balls games ect and children pool and also a main pool with slides ect
Even if your in the sister hotel though which is the Sunrise Island Garden you can use the fantastic cliff top beach restaurant for lunch and the beach bar and snack bar as well at the Island View So you don't have to keep running back to your hotel

Also the Hilton at Sharks Bay and the Concord El Slam Hotels which is 2 and 4th hotel from So Ho Square The concorde has football pitches and horse riding stables on the sister hotel opposite and an amazing infinity pool

Sharks Bay is a really nice location as well its has Soho Square where you can walk to from the hotels in seconds and its all pedestrianised you have the dancing water fountains, at night the ice bar which you can take kids in ( i took my niece ) A ice skating rink and shops and restaurants So you can walk around at night and feel totally safe which is nice with kids Its also very flat so easy to deal with a buggy but all those hotels have steps ( lots of them ) to get to the beach

Its not as full on hustle as Namma Bay which is 10 mins in a taxi but easy to deal with. Its also only 10 -15 mins transfer from the airport

Another lovely hotel where i went with my niece when she was 13 ( so two years ago ) was Coral Sea Resort ( its a first choice hotel ) In the Nabaqu Bay Area and the first choice holiday village was 2 hotels along on the beach When we went there we had no problems in going into the holiday village and the kids using the pools and slides as the wristbands were all the same

The Coral Sea Hotel was a fab hotel with amazing food choice huge huge rooms and balconies, camel rides every night, shops and bar and small shopping plaza across the rd and right on the beach But i didn't think much of the snorkling and coral reefs

if i were going with teens i would do sharks bay as there is plenty to keep them occupied in that area without it being to overbearing

With a baby and buggy i would probably choose Coral Sea or something in that area of Nabqu bay area or Namma Bay because its all flat and there is a promenade that runs along the beach so easy for buggies all the hotels on the beach in Nabque all have their own beach bar as well

But if you can bribe your older kids or hook up with one of the lovely waiters to carry the buggy up and down the step for you then Shark Bays wins hands down for me The house reef in front of the hotels that are in sharks bay are fantastic

Oh and you don't need to buy a visa unless you plan to leave the Sina area i.e. going on a trip to see the Pyramids ect . Most people don't realise this and buy one when they arrive, but for 4 of you that an extra 40quid which could be a lovely genuine fake Chole Handbag

can you tell I'm a fan of egypt

DrownedGirl Mon 08-Apr-13 08:20:08

Iberotel grand
Lovely all inclusive food and a house reef for snorkelling

Grannylipstick Wed 03-Apr-13 17:56:11

We stayed at the reef oasis beach resort and hated it. HUGE. Canteen style food and cramped beach. Avoid. There are nice hotels in sharm just don't stay in this one

maman2012 Tue 02-Apr-13 22:43:16

Hi there
Would anyone recommend a full package (Flights, transfers, hotel with attractions and food) for a mum with 13 & 9 year old & 9 months old baby to Sharm el sheik for next half term end of may.
Many thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now