Dinner/lunch up the Eiffel Tower?

(6 Posts)

We went years ago to the one on the first level. Not bad nosh tbh! grin

I have to disagree with downton about the levels though. You have to go to the top, especially at night when it's dark, you can barely see and you're petrified of falling. A friend and I often spontaneously burst out laughing at the memory of me up there. Sobbing because I slipped (and didn't even fall over) I thought I had died.

Portofino Thu 07-Mar-13 10:35:15

The first level was quite high enough in my humble opinion!!!! grin We went up in the evening and it is gorgeous all lit up with twinkly lights. Link for online booking. Jules Verne prices are a bit eye watering.

DowntonTrout Thu 07-Mar-13 10:29:59

Yes you need to book. There is a separate entrance for those with dinner bookings but once you are up you are free to do as you please and wander round. It doesn't include going up to the very top level though as the restaurants are at the 1st 2nd stage.

Not worth going to the top IME as the views are the same from the lower level, just not as high.

MaggieW Thu 07-Mar-13 10:24:54

Thanks Portofino. Were you then able to go up to the top or did you have to go down and queue?

Portofino Wed 06-Mar-13 22:33:10

I booked for dinner in the restaurant on the first level when dh was 50. It means you don't have to queue up. It was a very nice experience but not so posh really. If you want to go to the Jules Vernes place on the 2nd level, I think you need to book at least 3 months in advance.

MaggieW Wed 06-Mar-13 18:27:04

Has anyone done this - and is it worth it? Presumably I'd need to book in advance? Does it mean you can then go up the top without queuing for ever? TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now