Salou in may with 2.5 yr old and 9 month old

(12 Posts)
Airwalk79 Mon 15-Apr-13 13:29:25

If you ring boots in the terminal after security, they will have pre made cartons of milk waiting for you!

Airwalk79 Mon 15-Apr-13 13:28:52

If you ring boots in the terminal after security, they will have pre made cartons of milk waiting for you!

beautybox2 Sat 13-Apr-13 20:42:07

Thanks so much for that inkle just got to start packing now! Rather excited waited a long time for this holiday smile

InkleWinkle Sat 06-Apr-13 21:32:27

Also, over the years I've learnt to remember that it's only Spain (or Greece or France or wherever) not the middle of a desert and so there will be shops if anything's forgotten grin

InkleWinkle Sat 06-Apr-13 21:30:10

One tin of powder will be fine if only 1 or 2 bottles a day.
You will get jars & pouches similar to Ella's kitchen ones over there no probs. Although various finger foods should be ok at 9 months? If you're eating in the hotel it may be a buffet? In which case you can just mash up veg etc as well.
And nappies should be ok to buy there too.
You can keep the buggy almost right up to plane door. Don't check it in just in case of delays etc when you would be glad of it in departure lounge.
Very often though you will still have to wait for the buggies to come off with the suitcases on the carousel regardless of when you've handed it in.

beautybox2 Sat 06-Apr-13 20:56:26

It's a hotel so will only have a kettle otherwise I would have brought my microwave steriliser or bags.
Were going for 2 weeks, she's breastfed but won't feed out and about ( distracted by exciting things! ) and is also going through a stage of only wanting to feed lying down. I'm only taking 1tin of powderand a few jars but thought I could easily get then over there,prob more expensive than here but we need as much space in suitcases with 2children for 2 weeks
I've got a ergo baby carrier I'm going to put her in whilst at airport and put it into my hand luggage so my 2 year old can sit in buggy..will we keep it till we get to plane?
Any other tips would be appreciated, I'm such a worrier!

InkleWinkle Sat 06-Apr-13 19:33:03

Is it a hotel or an apartment? Apartment likely to have microwave & you can get microwave sterilising bags so no Milton etc required.
Airport security may make you open milk carton & taste it so watch out for timescales. Try phoning Boots in airport & reserve cartons to be picked up there on the other side of security.
Bottled water is absolutely fine as it is, just check a few against each other & buy the one with the lowest sodium content.

beautybox2 Sat 06-Apr-13 19:27:39

Bump!

beautybox2 Sat 06-Apr-13 09:17:08

Hi only 4weeks now,wanted to know how to take milk for her through security was thinking empty bottle and a carton of milk? I'm also taking a couple of jars of baby food, some Rusks and a empty sippy cup to put bottled water in when we get to duty free, is it ok for her to drink bottled water without sterilising on this occasion? When we get to hotel will be sterilizing bottled water.
Still confused about sterilising... Tupperware box with lid,Milton liquid 2 bottles? Message back prob got more questions! Thanks

givemeaclue Wed 06-Mar-13 14:07:44

Salou is a "Brits abroad" type place. I imagine you will be able to get jars of food very easily and may be familiar brands eg Heinz

Portofino Mon 04-Mar-13 19:52:00

I took a Tupperware container which you can stuff with other stuff in your luggage, Milton tablets and formula sachets. Evian is good for making bottles. There will be a whole range of baby food on sale, marked by age. I haven't been to Salou, but the Spanish are very baby tolerant. You will see them out in the evening.

beautybox2 Sun 03-Mar-13 22:53:44

Hi all!
Off on our hols may the 4th. Got a few questions!
Regarding feeding... Best way to sterilise bottles over there? She's breastfed but has a bottle before bed..Do I buy Milton tablets or disposable bottles? Can I buy powered milk or cartons there?

How hot will it be in may, and what's salou llike.?...Also what foods will be safest for her to eat over there and will they sell jarred foods? She's just having her first tastes of solid food now what textures will she be able to handle at 9 months? I've totally forgot!!

Looking forward to hearing back from anyone that can help!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now