Italy

(34 Posts)
AmIthatWintry Sat 02-Mar-13 16:57:27

This is the first year that I have been in a position to have a holiday abroad and DD has it in her head that she wants to go to Italy.

It's a country I've never been to, and I have no idea where to go.

DD will be 14, she has ASD, so would be happy to be glued to my side no matter what we do.

Someplace with sun and nice food.

I thought Sorrento area, but not sure

Any ideas or recommendations would be most welcome

Portofino Sat 09-Mar-13 17:26:47

I booked mine last August. I fret a little over those of you that are still looking! I am a bit anal about it. I have wanted to recommend several places which are now fully booked for this summer....

marking, dreaming of sunshine...

rubyrubyruby Sat 09-Mar-13 21:08:56

Don't panic. We went to Italy last July and I only booked 3 weeks before we went.

It was fantastic.

AmIthatWintry Fri 15-Mar-13 01:01:17

Thanks for all the lovely responses

Porto I had almost booked your Tremezzo hotel, but in the space of 10 mins, the last places went, and the next week was over £200 EACH dearer.

So I have now gone for Lake Garda, hotel is a surprise when we get there

Already looking forward to it

Thanks for the ideas grin

pinkyredrose Fri 15-Mar-13 01:22:30

Amalfi coast is beautiful. North Italy tends to be more expensive.

HermioneHatesHoovering Fri 15-Mar-13 01:43:24

Oh Como and Bellagio, how I love them smile

carlajean Fri 15-Mar-13 14:37:17

we had a wonderful holiday with our children at this age. flew into Naples, stayed a couple of days (including a trip to Pompeii). then took a week traveling by bus down the coast, finishing at Salerno. then a quick train journey back to Naples. don't even think of driving and take care in Naples (I had my bag snatched).

Bunbaker Sun 17-Mar-13 22:15:27

"We are staying in Garda town, self catering"

We stayed in Garda as well. We loved it.

FrameyMcFrame Fri 22-Mar-13 18:37:43

Tuscany or Umbria.

Barga, Assisi Lucca, and obviously Florence, beautiful towns, stunning scenery and art/history/architecture all amazing. Fly to Pisa then get a train or bus.
We went in August and was not too hot. We stayed in Agratourismo (sp?) which are basically farms with apartments or rooms. Most have pools too. We bussed and trained it but hiring a car would be ideal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now