FlyBe and Check in Luggage

(7 Posts)
lizgully2011 Fri 15-Mar-13 11:28:23

it might be a little late now but i thought i would post anyway... i have spoken to Flybe customer services this morning as we are taking our 14month old on a flight next month. The gentleman i spoke with was very helpful and confirmed among other things that pushchairs can be taken to the gate and will be carried free of charge provided the weight of the pushchair does not exceed 20kg. A car seat may also be carried in the hold free of charge (check in with bags) provided it does not exceed 20kg. He also said that as we have hold bags (max 20kg each) booked for all three of us we can combine the baggage allowances as long as each bag does not exceed 30kg. I asked as we are thinking two bags will be easier to manage than three. The baggage allowance combining is referenced on the Flybe website under the FAQs. I hope this helps.

janek Fri 01-Mar-13 15:01:33

I don't think you can combine baggage allowances, flybe is an 'economy' airline, although ime infinitely better than ryanair, but that seems to be one of the rules. I would have thought you'd be allowed a pushchair though. Ryanair do allow this and i always think of them as having the strictest rules.

dreamingofsun Fri 01-Mar-13 14:52:42

with one airline we've used i don't think you could combine the luggage allowance. i can't remember which. it said in the small print/faq's on the website

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 01-Mar-13 14:52:30

Thanks, I think I'll ring them. I know the low cost airlines have a nasty way to making you pay more angry.

I would imagine that you can combine allowances as long as any one bag doesnt exceed a certain weight (normally 30kgs I think) - you should check with them to be sure though. The pushchair is separate from the baggage allowance and can normally be taken with you right up to the departure gate

No question is stupid.

I do not think you can combine allowances.

According to their website you can purchase extra weight for a fee which they do not specify on their website. I think you would be better off talking to them directly.

Would think that a pushchair is allowed and that will be placed in the aircraft's hold.

You could well end up getting stung on bag fees unfortunately; this could well become very expensive.

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 01-Mar-13 14:10:12

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Since having DD, we've only travelled on those non-budget airlines.

I've booked a holiday with Thomas Cook but the flights will be with Flybe. It says on our tickets we can have 3 bags of 15kg each. Can this baggage allowance be combined? We would be taking 2 bags, up to 45kg. There will be only two of us carrying things so we'd want to take only two suitcases naturally.

Also, I assume a pushchair is allowed? It says so on the airline website, but nothing is mentioned on our tickets. And we get a different hand/hold luggage allowance from the website too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now