Indoor activities in Lanzarote??

(6 Posts)
landofsoapandglory Fri 01-Mar-13 16:39:56

The app I use on the iPad for weather only says showers for Monday for Lanzarote, the rest of the week it says 24/25 and partly cloudy so you might be lucky.

I know when we have been in the Summer and in October it can be cloudy in the morning and then bright sunshine in the afternoon.

beela Fri 01-Mar-13 16:25:14

Ooh where is the aquarium bunbaker?

We've been a few times before, usually between December and March, and the weather has always been pleasant so I was disappointed to see all the rainclouds on the forecast. I know you can never guarantee the conditions though. There was one visit to Lanzarote where we had dustclouds and (literally) a plague of locusts, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Previous visits were pre-DS though, so the weather and related activities were less of an issue.

We're in a private villa which I think has a sky package but I was hoping to leave cbeebies at home!

We've been in winter and weather a bit mixed but we had a heated pool so rain didn't stop us. There are indoor play places and take lots of crayons and paper for DC and magazines for you. We also found rain in one part of island often meant sun in another so go for a drive and chase the sun!

The Canaries can have pretty disappointing weather in winter, it's a mistake to equate it with a summer destination and even when sunny it's often not warm in sea or pool, partly due to the wind. We have shivered in April before.
Lanzarote has good roads. If you fancy hiring a car it's scenery is dramatic. Not much fun if you are 2 though.
If you are in a big hotel they often have some form of indoor play area /kids club, and even the outdoor parks will be fine if you take warm clothes.

Bunbaker Thu 28-Feb-13 23:46:40

Lanzarote has quite a lot of places of interest to visit, but some of them might be a little boring or unsuitable for a two year old. However, the Guinate tropical Park and the aquarium will probably appeal the most. IMO Timanfaya National Park is a must see, but will be of more interest to the adults than a two year old.

beela Thu 28-Feb-13 21:53:52

Oh no!! We are going to Lanzarote next week for some much needed sunshine, but from the BBC weather forecast it looks as though it is going to be raining all week sad sad sad

We were banking on spending every day in the pool or on the beach with our 2yo, now what are we going to do???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now