Egypt family adventure

(4 Posts)
Fluffy1234 Fri 01-Mar-13 13:11:20

I wouldn't do the balloon ride myself, only because I'd be worrying from now until Easter about it. I've done the other activities which are great. The felucca ride was really peaceful and the Spynx blew me away. I didn't think you could stand so close to it. My DC loved the Egyptian museum too. It sounds like a great trip.

Buzzardbird Fri 01-Mar-13 09:42:37

Think it is likely to be safer now as the checks will actually be done.

I went to Luxor and regretted not doing the flight.

givemeaclue Thu 28-Feb-13 20:16:05

The balloon was classed as safe by Egyptian aviation authority now seems like proper checks may not have been made. So depends how you feel about that.

breward Thu 28-Feb-13 19:58:33

We booked this holiday back in September. It includes visiting the pyramids and staying in Cairo, hot-air ballooning over the valley of the kings as well as red sea snorkelling and travelling up Nile in a felucca. Am I mad to still be excited even though Cairo is still in a state of unrest and all hot air balloons have been grounded in Luxor? Would you chance the hot air balloon flight if they are flying again? Going in April with dh, and 2 dc ... 11& 12 yr old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now