Paris with an 8 yo

(7 Posts)
monal Fri 08-Feb-13 16:24:18

It is super easy, French or not, there are all sorts of notices in English. Take RER A from the Disney stop, go to Charles de Gaulle Etoile, then take line 6 to Bir Hakeim for the Eiffel Tower. 6 is nice because you go across the Seine in the open air not in a tunnel, so it's one metro where you get a view. Then you can either walk along the banks of the Seine and cross to the Louvre, but you'll be doing a lot of walking in the Louvre so you might not want to, so you can also take metro line 6 back to Etoile and then line 1 to Palais Royal-Musee du Louvre, or take the RER from the stop near the Eiffel tower to Musée d'Orsay and then cross the river to the Louvre. From the Louvre you can go to Chatelet and take the RER A from Chatelet back to Marne la Vallée (Disney). All you'll need is a wee map.

Geordieminx Fri 08-Feb-13 16:00:07

If you go onto trip advisor there is a Disney Paris forum. There is loads if info on tjere, including details of how to get from DLP into Paris. There is a guy called the British frog (he has a website and Facebook page I believe) who is an expert and very helpful

hokeyluvva Fri 08-Feb-13 15:56:24

When we went to Paris a couple of years ago we took one of the Seine river boats between The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre. The tickets were good value and we were able to continue on to Notre Dame afterwards. The queues for the Eiffel Tower were awful, try booking ahead if you can.

BibiThree Fri 08-Feb-13 15:53:14

Thank you, very helpful!

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Fri 08-Feb-13 14:32:24

I was last in Paris in 2008, but we walked or got the metro everywhere and we managed the Eiffel Tower and Louvre in the same day.

The metro was easy (much simpler than the tube in London imo) and my french is very basic, though I am more confident reading than speaking so signposts etc aren't too much of a problem.

This site is very useful; www.parismetro.com/

BibiThree Fri 08-Feb-13 13:34:35

Anyone? #needtolearnsomepatience

BibiThree Fri 08-Feb-13 12:30:58

Hope someone can give me some sensible advice and some tips on how best to do this:

Next week we're going to EuroDisney for 3 days, Mon-Weds. Dd1 (8) has asked if just me and her can go into Paris on the second day while DH takes the Dts to the park. She'd like to see the Eiffel Tower and I'd like to take her to the Louvre.

What I want to know is, how easy will this be given that I have very little French and have never been to Paris before?

Can we do both of those things in one day?

What is the best way to travel there and back?

Will we need to get city transport or are those two destination close enough for us to walk?

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now