Anyone flown Monarch recently? Question ref meals

(6 Posts)
MOSagain Wed 06-Feb-13 10:32:20

Thanks, will not bother then and will take packed lunches. Its just that for some strange reason, the kids love it when they get the little trays put in front of them even though they then make faces at it. Pressume you can still buy drinks and snacks?

mrsshackleton Wed 06-Feb-13 10:04:36

Yup, food looks vile. Bring your own.

No, bring your own food along for the children to eat and eat at the airport before you leave. Airline meals can be meh generally and its certainly not worth paying extra for them.

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 06-Feb-13 08:19:36

Yeah they are pretty standard. We had some kind of sausage thing on the way out in the morning (it wasn't great...) and something equally as mediocre on the way back.

OH bought a bacon sandwich thing from them to eat instead, and I are when we landed.

I wouldn't bother with them if you have fussy kids because they'll probably not be touched.

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 06-Feb-13 08:16:28

Flew with them in December just gone. Didn't book meals. Having seen them on the flight they were bog standard flight meals which I'm not fussed about. We get something at the airport and a snack for the plane.

MOSagain Wed 06-Feb-13 08:07:15

Not flown with them before and am wondering what the meals are like? We've booked a last minute holiday for Feb half-term and it seems that meals on flight not included but you can pay extra to book them in advance.

Just wondering if anyone has bothered doing this and what they are like? Have looked at their website and descriptsions sound ok but.... Have two fussy children and a fussier DH. Am thinking just buy food for them airside and not bother with meals on flight but thought I'd ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now