Baby car seats whilst travelling in Sardinia, Italy - hire or bring

(7 Posts)
osaenlondres Sun 03-Feb-13 22:24:55

thanks a lot for info on britax fc.

great idea, will go to John Lewis or Halfords and ask them!! Moominsarehippos - perhaps next time? smile

lagoonhaze Sun 03-Feb-13 20:42:05

Britax fc doesn't fit well rearfacing in many cars. Infant carrier probably a better idea.

Moominsarehippos Sun 03-Feb-13 20:38:14

Go to Halfords or Mothercare - even John Lewis and quiz them. Then buy the same model of Amazon!

Can I pleeeeeeeeze come with you?

osaenlondres Sun 03-Feb-13 12:43:02

thank you. most of our friends with babies do not have cars and carseats therefore cannot borrow.
we will be in Italy for three weeks and as the cost to hire would be quite high it might make sense to buy one here (and use on other trips abroad in the future). The question is then which car seat I should buy to fit the car ??(eg good reviews and price for Britax First Class plus combination seat but it seems really big and bulky)

Moominsarehippos Sat 02-Feb-13 23:26:33

We've been ok with europcar in italy. The seats are cheap amd a bit 'used' though! Can you borrow a spare, or buy a cheap one (mothercare often have half price sales) then sell it when you get back?

Get the company to fix it, if you don't like it, ask for a replacement and take a towel/blanket to cover it (they can be a bit dirty).

mummymeister Sat 02-Feb-13 23:22:06

would always recommend that you bring your own. can a friend lend you one of a suitable size. it is so hit and miss with hire car companys. some only offer one size which may or may not be alright, others are good but some are absolute horrors. safer to have your own and know that it is the right size and that it works.

osaenlondres Sat 02-Feb-13 22:08:50

We are traveling to Sardinia in June with our DD who will be 9mo. Hired a car from Europcar, a small 5-door car. I wonder whether we should bring our own car seat? The issue is that we do not have one as we live in London and do not own a car. I wonder whether I should buy one and take with us (easyjet allows it on board free of charge) or rely on the seat that Europcar might provide? If I do buy one, what age group should I buy for: 0+ or 1, and what will fit in a smallish car? thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now