To put the pushchair in the bag or not during the flight?

(9 Posts)
noviceoftheday Sun 27-Jan-13 09:23:10

We travel a lot and have never put it in the bag. Nothing he ever happened to it. I have prob jinxed myself now though!

Jcee Sun 27-Jan-13 09:20:57

Travel bag and put in hold for all reasons listed above. It means you have to carry child through airport but when DD was younger I used the sling and mainly so I could shove nappies and beach towels in the bag with the pram and pack more clothes for me in case

dldl Fri 25-Jan-13 10:32:25

Yes - we put our buggy in a travel bag. The real travel bag for it cost a fortune so bought a Sunshine Kids Car Seat Travel bag for very little money on amazon. If you read all the reviews loads of people use it for their pushchair for travelling.
Was worth every penny. Buggy in perfect condition. and the advantage is you can stuff in yoru coats and random bits just before you board so not got tonnes of stuff to get together when trying to get off the plane.

dldl Fri 25-Jan-13 10:29:51

Yes - we put our buggy in a travel bag. The real travel bag for it cost a fortune so bought a Sunshine Kids Car Seat Travel bag for very little money on amazon. If you read all the reviews loads of people use it for their pushchair for travelling.
Was worth every penny. Buggy in perfect condition. and the advantage is you can stuff in yoru coats and random bits just before you board so not got tonnes of stuff to get together when trying to get off the plane.

Rosa Wed 23-Jan-13 13:10:49

Bag all the way. I have always but the buggy in the bag at the gate and seeing the state of the bag after 3 years I am glad it is not my buggy in that state.

NowPlayingZone Wed 23-Jan-13 13:03:39

We handed pushchair over in a bag at the gate, also managed to shove some extra stuff in that we had bought at the airport (nappies etc). All arrived safely & think bags definitely protect them.

noramum Wed 23-Jan-13 09:09:20

We only did it with the large pram, not the buggy.

EldonAve Tue 22-Jan-13 16:38:38

If you want it to arrive in one piece & dry stick it in the bag

Sandra2013 Tue 22-Jan-13 14:09:21

That is the question....

Taking the pushchair with us for the first time and I was wondering is there any point to put it in the bag or not when checking in?

Was just thinking if it's not in the bag might get damaged but also it might get treated better when they know what it is.... if that makes any sense.

confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now