Granada - how long to stay?

(6 Posts)
MerylStrop Sun 27-Jan-13 16:27:05

You could easily spend two whole days at the Alhambra
And the old town is great, we did lots of walking and stopping for food and drink
We also found loads of nice little bars and cafes.
Malaga town is also surprisingly nice.

TooMuchRain Sun 20-Jan-13 12:00:43

Thanks for the tips, that's really helpful.

Has anyone stayed in Malaga? What was it like? We're not into sunbathing, clubs etc., just wondering if it was worth spending a night if we end up flying there (there seem to be a lot more flights than for Seville).

Portofino Sun 20-Jan-13 11:07:59

I would book tickets in advance for the Alhambra - you can do so online. The queues can get silly otherwise. I would definitely stay in Seville too - there is more to see than in Granada.

DioneTheDiabolist Sun 20-Jan-13 00:53:45

There is a Paradore up in the Alhambra. Although the Islamic palace closes as night, you can walk around it's walls if you stay there. Tis beautiful. If you stay up there, you could arrive in the morning, do your tour, stay the night and leave the next day.

Bunbaker Sun 20-Jan-13 00:47:49

We only had 2 nights in Granada and therefore only had time to visit the Alhambra. I think the town is probably worth a look round as well. Having said that Seville is definitely worth a visit.

TooMuchRain Sat 19-Jan-13 20:25:25

We're planning on going to Granada in May/June and just wondering how long people would recommend staying.

We could either fly to Seville, have a couple of days there and then go to Granada basically just to see the Alhambra (so stay 2 nights to give us a full day) or fly to Malaga and spend the whole time in Granada - any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now