Last holiday outside school holidays - where to go Feb - April with 4 yr old and baby?

(12 Posts)
MABS Tue 01-Jan-13 10:52:36

can book individually or through a tour op, kuoni or hayes and jarvis usually good but for Dubai/Oman i always use Best at Travel, they come up on google.

Flight is between 6-7 hours. v little jetlag as only 3 or 4 hour time diff. It about 25 degs now (was there last week) and will stay around that til late feb, then getting warmer as march comes.. I would defo avoid school hols, Feb half term very expensive there.

sailorsgal Mon 31-Dec-12 19:12:58

Have a look at Sovereign to get an idea of cost and see if you can book hotel/flights seperately to compare cost. I know our school hols start March 22 for the easter hols so may be very expensive.

Seekingsun Mon 31-Dec-12 17:11:53

Is it best to go with a package or to book flight and hotel yourself? Is any month of Feb Mar or April better or worse than the others? How long is the flight?

MABS Mon 31-Dec-12 17:09:31

what do you want to know? Muscat is lovely and Chedi is great hotel, but only with older kids. With little one i would look at the three Shangri La hotels, Ah Waha is VERY kid friendly but also great 5 star service. The souk in Muscat and the mosque are great to visit, old museum also very interesting though small.

sailorsgal Mon 31-Dec-12 16:12:09

I think MABS is more of an expert than me. I have always fancied going though.

Seekingsun Mon 31-Dec-12 15:52:30

Ooh please tell me more about Oman?

MABS Mon 31-Dec-12 13:12:20

like minds eh sailorsgal? smile

sailorsgal Mon 31-Dec-12 12:06:22

MABS I've just suggested those exact two destinations on another thread. smile

MABS Mon 31-Dec-12 11:17:28

Dubai or Oman defo

givemeaclue Mon 31-Dec-12 10:45:42

Prob too early for turkey but canary islands would fit the bill for price, temp and journey time

bunnybunyip Sat 29-Dec-12 22:03:27

Have you looked at martinhal in Portugal? We went there in October with 3 and 1 year old and it was one of our best hols ever. Only downside is lack of things to do locally. I'm now looking for somewhere similar to go this year, don't like to go to same place twice.

Seekingsun Sat 29-Dec-12 16:40:58

Budget around £3.5k all in although would be good to be under. Was looking at Turkey but April seems a bit early maybe? Went to Sharm last year but a bit more worried about the political situation this year. Maybe Caribbean? Not massively keen on a very long flight though. Temp around 25c minimum. Am I asking the impossible?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now