Tenerife Christmas

(12 Posts)
Whatwhatwhat Thu 27-Dec-12 16:07:31

Wow. It's very hard here in the sunshine and heat to keep a straight head. I'll give a full run down of the hotel when I'm back.
Off the beaten track but fantastic so far.

Weather is unbelievable.

gordonpym Tue 25-Dec-12 19:47:44

Good to know you found something. I didn't know it either, I had a look and you are up on the hill behind la Caleta. La Caleta is a lovely village with a nice promenade and some of the best fish restaurants in the island. There are no beaches in La caleta but if the hotel offers bus - service, the nearest and nicest beach of all Tenerife is Playa del Duque.

theoriginalandbestrookie Tue 25-Dec-12 11:26:58

Happy Christmas, I bet you are excited now about going on holiday tomorrow.
Let us know what you're hotel is like I haven't heard of it and always on the lookout for good new places.
Enjoy

Whatwhatwhat Mon 24-Dec-12 21:43:25

Ps thanks everyone for the help. I do appreciate it and I'm v sorry took so Long to get back.

Whatwhatwhat Mon 24-Dec-12 21:42:17

Hey there
Sorry I'm only back now.
Don't know what the hell I was thinking booking flights before checking out accommodation. What a nightmare! Whole island booked up and most decent places are serious bucks! Can't believe the prices.
Anyway went with http://www.hotelsuitevillamaria.com/
Hopefully got a babysitter to do a few hours and now we're looking forward to it.
Hopefully accommodation will be ok!

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 23-Dec-12 10:48:28

I do wish the OP would come back. We seem more concerned about it than she does (or maybe we just like to live vicariously through other peoples Tenerife holidays - 11/10/13 - 18/10/13 for our next one, not that I'm counting smile

Oh meant to say as well OP that there is a poster on here that offers babysitting/minding services which might be a more likely option than finding a hotel with a creche at this point. Let me know if you want her details and I will pm you.

gordonpym Sun 23-Dec-12 09:25:27

Trivago.es may help you. For your dates they offer these hotels : www.trivago.es/?aDateRange%5Barr%5D=2012-12-26&aDateRange%5Bdep%5D=2012-12-31&iRoomType=7&iGeoDistanceItem=0&iPathId=31914& but forget the Mirador it is an adult only hotel. The Vincci is very nice but far from everything, but they offer mini-bus and taxi are really cheap in tenerife, so this shouldn't put you off. As said before, avoid Isla bonita.
Any of the first 3 in the trivago selection should have heated pool, as they are hotel. Jacaranda is not nice.
Hope this help- Weather will be great! Enjoy yourself!

specialsubject Sat 22-Dec-12 19:33:38

yes, that's what I didn't quite want to say. Christmas and New Year is absolute peak time on Tenerife for obvious reasons.

theoriginalandbestrookie Fri 21-Dec-12 22:28:27

Just checked for you - I love a good holiday me, not to panic you klaxon alert there doesn't seem to be that much available.

Isabel Family Apartments are still available, I haven't been but they get good reviews on Trip advisor and seem to be well situated.
Hotel Bahia Principe - again good reviews
Isla Bonita - avoid like the plague, got a coffee there once looked like a gulag camp.

specialsubject Fri 21-Dec-12 22:03:36

I suggest getting on the net and booking whatever you can find now.

the Bahia Del Duque/Costa Adeje area is indeed nice, and well away from the bit of Las Americas where you leave your brain in the gutter. Fortunately that bit is quite small.

theoriginalandbestrookie Fri 21-Dec-12 19:42:47

I checked the two places we have been to - Iberostar Anthelia and Regency country club but they are already booked up for that period.
Costa Adeje is a nice area, anywhere near the Del Duque beach is good - Bahi Del Duque is meant to be a nice hotel but very expensive or Costa Adeje Gran

Whatwhatwhat Thu 20-Dec-12 08:50:05

Jusr booked flights from 26-31 Dec for DO and I with 13 month old

Any recommendations for a hotel with a heated pool and a crèche? Or a villa?
What part should we go to if we're looking for nice restaurants but not noisy etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now