Euro Disney help needed!

(5 Posts)
Sabriel Mon 17-Dec-12 17:18:09

We drove, and it was by far the cheapest option, but we did stay overnight at Folkestone each way so that we could start early and get back late.

We stayed at the Sequoia which was a relatively easy walk even for our 5 yo. Disney were doing a special sale at the time. They seem to do them quite often so it might be worth waiting for the next one.

We stayed at Sante Fe when we went (the cars themed one), wasn't that much further than the others only a couple more minutes and it's a pleasant enough walk. Like you we were only planning on using it for sleeping (I got a bed and breakfast deal). Cheaper than the others too.

hollyround Mon 17-Dec-12 16:55:15

Our son will be 9 and our daughter will be 6 so i think our son will be ok, but maybe our daughter might struggle walking? Where did you book your hotel? Its interesting about the euro and meals, I just remember last time it being about 40 euros for burger and chips for four of us?! Having a quick look its coming out about £1200 for 3 nights full board at the Newport?!

hermioneweasley Mon 17-Dec-12 16:27:50

Sounds fab! Here are my thoughts

Not sure how old your DS is, but Newport bay is probably at the limits of what's walk able to the parks, given how much walking you'll be dong otherwise. Or you have hotel new York r the disneyland hotel.

We used to do 2 night / 3 days outside school holidays, but went in oct half term and it was heaving, so I'd be tempted to go for another day.

When the Euro was strong the half/full board options were good, bt I wouldn't bother now.

Cafe mickey has gone from mediocre to truly dreadful.

I haven't done euro tunnel, but I thinkit's hard to beat the convenience of Eurostar (and i'd pay fr Disney express if nt included in yor package). There is an excellent premier inn just round the corner from kings cross if you want to make journey to/from London easier.

We booked hotel through short breaks and it was cheaper than booking direct with Disney. We booked Eurostar direct so we could choose our seats.

have fun!

hollyround Mon 17-Dec-12 16:19:57

I am looking to book a trip to Euro disney for my sons birthday and have no idea where to start! We want to go in Feb half term, do we stay for 3 or 4 nights and which Disney hotel is best value for money? I figure we won't be in the room/hotel that much so as long as its walking distance to the park I'm not bothered about extras like pool etc! We have been a few years ago and stayed in the Newport Bay Hotel which was massive but ok...
am thinking also it might be better to book half board or full board as from what I remember the restaurants are pricey?!
Is it worth getting eurostar, or just driving over on Euro tunnel? We would have to get a train to St Pancreas at stupid o'clock which would be about £70 each way so we drove last time which was fine...
Any help would be much appreciated x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now