trunki or pull along case for 4yo DD?

(5 Posts)
Honesttodog Wed 07-Nov-12 11:22:33

she never seems to cope very well with carrying the backpack on her back, I want to get sth that she will be responsible for. I am never quite sure that the trunki is practical because it's quite big and bulky. does it work well once you are on the plane? or do you have to take it all out and put the case away?

we are getting ready for a 9hr flight in a couple of wks, trying to get organised...

noramum Wed 07-Nov-12 11:41:20

Friends have trunkis and love them. But: as handluggage they can be difficult as they open like a normal suitcase and that makes taking things in and out on a plane a bit of a nightmare.

But one of my friends mentioned that her 4 year old got to big sitting on it and being pulled.

DD (5 now) has a pull-along suitcase since 2 years. It opens with a zip and we can access everything without a problem. I also like the fact that DH and I can carry it easy while walking fast from the plane to the passport control or on the elevator while I think the trunki is a bit big for that.

I would take the pull along all the time.

CMOTDibbler Wed 07-Nov-12 11:46:19

Pull along suitcase. And a strap so you can attach it to something you are pulling at the other end when she is tired and throws it on the floor.

But I'd put the kids stuff in a plastic bag each in my carryon suitcase so it can just be pulled out for them on the plane, and repacked at the other end - much less hassle

Honesttodog Thu 08-Nov-12 22:00:05

fab, off to find one now! any tips on a good one? going to look at argos and john lewis.

noramum Fri 09-Nov-12 14:29:18

We bought ours second hand.

I would prefer buying one in a shop to see how good the zip is and how sturdy it looks. Some of these tiny weeny ones look they are designed for pretend play but not for being hauled through an airport.

For example ours has a metal zip and a sturdy bottom. The handle can be moved up or down like a proper adult suitcase, handy when you have to carry it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now