Stockholm - toddler tolerant hotel and other tips

(10 Posts)
CMOTDibbler Thu 08-Nov-12 14:26:11

I've stayed at the Scandic at the station, the Hilton which is centrally, and the Stallmastaregarden which is further out. All very nice and friendly

NevermarriedDuranduran Thu 08-Nov-12 14:17:25

That one is now a radisson blu
Radisson Blu
Nice and central but the trainstation are is a bit naff at night. The Hilton at Slussen is nice but no pool.. Am trying to remember a nice smaller hotel...will come cack when brain gets into gear,

EldonAve Thu 08-Nov-12 13:38:02

Scandic hotels are v child friendly but don't always have a pool
We stayed at the one near the train station

NevermarriedDuranduran Thu 08-Nov-12 13:08:03

More foodie tips, try cinnamon rolls at any bakers or cafe, they are even good at 7Elevens! For an authentic coffee and fika( swedish for snack but more of an afternoon tea thing, coffee tea sandwich and pastries) go to vetekatten ( you can email them ahead and book a table as it gets packed,
http://www.vetekatten.se/?q=content/hitta-hit
Info@vetekatten.se. Its a very oldfashioned cafe with the bakers working behind glass screens with superb pastries. They all speak english. Get actable then go to the counter to order, and your coffee is collected by the hatch in one of the back rooms. Its very quaint.
As dec is xmas try stLucia buns, they are yellow saffron swirls with raisins, absolutly divine. Swedish gingerbread biccies are super, buy some to take home for gifts. Kids love them! Am jeallous that you are going as I wont be this yearsad

thebestnamesaregone Wed 07-Nov-12 20:48:19

Another vote for the Vasa Museum. Be warned, Stockholm is very expensive.

NevermarriedDuranduran Wed 07-Nov-12 20:38:15

Långholmen is the prison, now hotel! Any hotel in central Stockholm should suit, they are all good standard. Dont miss the Vasa museeum, its superb. For your little one try junibackens play, and skansen Zoo. Eat meatballs at Victoria restaurant at lunchtime whilst watching the locals iceskate at kungsträdgården, its v childfriendly and proper lovely meatballs! Have fun!

PhyllisDoris Sun 04-Nov-12 13:18:39

I stayed in a central hotel that is a converted prison. I can't remember the name though. Will google.
It was lovely - very Ikea, with an ice bar.

I stayed here with my DS earlier this year:
www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?tab=description&destinationId=1270279&destination=Stockholm%2C+Sweden&hotelId=256247&arrivalDate=13-05-2012&departureDate=14-05-2012&children%5B0%5D=1&rooms%5B0%5D.childrenAges%5B0%5D=0&rooms%5B0%5D.numberOfAdults=2&roomno=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

It doesn't have a pool unfortunately and may not be as central as you'd like but it had a great size room and bathroom and a fabulous breakfast and is very reasonably priced for Stockholm.

YokoOhNo Thu 01-Nov-12 10:35:27

Bump

YokoOhNo Thu 01-Nov-12 10:16:58

DH has loads of holiday to use up and we'd like to go to Stockholm at the beginning of December for a few days. Never been there and we'll be taking DS (21 months).

Does anyone know of a good, centrally located, hotel? We'd like a comfortable one with a pool so we can take DS, who is a little fish, swimming when it gets dark early.

Any other Stockholm tips or ideas gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now