Melatonin?

(8 Posts)
nooka Sat 03-Nov-12 00:50:00

We did a 4 hour drive after a 10hr red eye flight from the UK to Canada. In retrospect it probably wasn't a very good idea!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nooka Fri 02-Nov-12 04:20:21

Melatonin only helps you to feel drowsy and ready for sleep. I've used it a bit for myself and a bit for when my children have trouble dropping off. I find it takes about half an hour to take effect and then doesn't last for very long so you have to get the window of opportunity right. Looking at my bottle of pills they are 300mcg and I'd take two. I wouldn't use it on a plane journey, but that's because I generally don't attempt to sleep on planes, for me it's night two when I need the help to drop off.

Cynner Fri 02-Nov-12 03:48:32

You should probably not drive for eight hours after taking melatonin.

CestTout Fri 02-Nov-12 03:12:22

I'm in the states at the moment and think I need to do this!

Lunatic- any idea if you are ok to drive after? As once landed I will have to drive home! Thanks in advance

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoldeInvierno Wed 31-Oct-12 20:37:21

you take anything between 3 and 10 mcg before bed. I normally go for 10mcg. You buy it off the shelf in the US.

ihatethecold Tue 23-Oct-12 20:34:45

Does anyone know how to use this stuff.
I'm
Off to the US at the weekend and am gonna buy some melatonin to help with jet lag.
How do I take it.?

Will it help us sleep on the red eye home.?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now