Holiday abroad with 2 year old and 6 month old

(3 Posts)
noramum Thu 08-Nov-12 10:19:41

We went to Majorca when DD was just under 2 and it was great. We normally do self-catering as DH and I hate the usual tourist hotels. So we could kept a lot of things our normal way, DD was able to nap and had her usual bedtimes without making it difficult for us.

We had a villa with a pool, so when DD slept we sat outside with food and wine and just relaxed.

We hardly cooked, put the barbecue on a couple of times and otherwise ate somewhere lunch and just had bread, ham, cheese etc for dinner.

With 2 DD was happy playing at the beach, having outings with us and just hang out. We didn't miss a kids club or similar.

hotelsincavan Thu 08-Nov-12 09:48:12

Many hotels and resorts are there in Cavan county, Ireland where you can enjoy holidays with your kids and feel relaxed and happy. The place is very nice to take a comfortable stay and to make the trip superb.

nasara Mon 22-Oct-12 22:15:45

I am really keen to book a holiday for around June next year. We will have a 2 year old and a 6 month old by that time - are we nuts to be even considering it?!

Have you gone on holiday with a young family? What worked and what didn't?

I was thinking of either a ferry to France or a plane to somewhere like Spain - really hankering after a hot holiday! I like the idea of all-inclusive, purely from a lazy perspective, but also like the idea of buying our own local produce (am mostly thinking fresh baguettes and brie after being deprived of dodgy cheeses for so long!).

We would need either beach/pool/both plus other activties, especially for a two year old.

Has anyone got any advice? Any recommendations for awesome villas/resorts/hotels/destinations would be gratefully received grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now