ipod Touch query

(10 Posts)
LIZS Sat 01-Feb-14 16:50:37

fantastic, thank you ! smile

volestair Sat 01-Feb-14 16:36:33

If you open the App Store on the device, go to the Updates tab, tap on Purchased and then on Not on this ipod, you should get a list of apps that have been downloaded using that Apple ID.

LIZS Sat 01-Feb-14 16:26:23

Following on from this , we've set up the new one and found a backup from a year or so ago to restore. However doesn't seem to include apps downloaded direct onto the old one and his playlist on iTunes has disappeared. Will the apps be on the cloud ?

volestair Sun 12-Jan-14 17:17:30

Sorry, can't think of anything sad But do try looking/asking in the Apple forums - lots of more knowledgeable people there.

LIZS Sun 12-Jan-14 17:15:32

iTunes is offering a restore which will wipe data. No option to back up and we don't seem to have a back up copy and ds thinks it predate cloud (3rd gen). Holding down the home and power key doesn't unlock it sad dh plans to take it to the Apple store but any other ideas in the meantime or is all lost ?

volestair Sat 11-Jan-14 12:24:26

^online

volestair Sat 11-Jan-14 12:24:16

Eep. iTunes will probably want to either restore it as a new device (wipe everything) or restore it from a backup, which might be quite old.

You might be lucky - I'd forgotten I'd signed up to the free 5GB you can get from iCloud but it had saved all my important data for me last time my ipod died. If there is an iCloud backup you can do it directly from the device after you have restored the ipod using itunes, either as new or from a backup. But you can find info inline about that. The apple forums are usually full of helpful people.

LIZS Sat 11-Jan-14 09:46:43

Not sure when last back up was done tbh and probably not used cloud . ds had the latest version for Christmas but not yet loaded and still has revision notes on the old one as he is part way through GCSE mocks.

volestair Sat 11-Jan-14 04:24:53

Should be fine but I hope you've got a recent backup on the PC to restore the ipod from. All is not necessarily lost if the backup on the computer is quite old, as you can then do a restore from iCloud which will be more recent (assuming you did set that up)

LIZS Fri 10-Jan-14 21:25:09

ds' old ipod touch has suddenly closed down and is now showing a picture of the white wire and says Connect to iTunes. I've had to reboot it once before iirc. Will it revive and can we back it up from this ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now