Digital/Internet Radio/Speaker ???

(3 Posts)
BobandBenway Thu 09-Jan-14 10:17:59

Hi,

Could anyone suggest what exactly it is I'm after?!

I'm looking to buy a digital radio (used to just listen via TV and freeview!), but would like one where I can access internet radio stations (or do they all do this?!).

I'd also like it to be able to connect wirelessly to my laptop to play music files. Does such a product exist, and if so, which ones are good?

Ta! smile

Internet radio is a different thing from DAB digital radio. You can get radios that do both.

The Roberts Stream 63i has Internet Radio, DAB and the ability to connect to a a "UPNP Server" to play files from that. I'm pretty sure you should be able to get something to run a UPNP server on your laptop, but I don't have any experience of doing so.

Theas18 Thu 09-Jan-14 11:30:38

We just use our phones as internet radios now! (big digital radio fans). I don't think there are any stations on digital radio that aren't also in internet ( but I could be wrong)

By a good speaker and use it with your phone/laptop. THe roberts radio above is £280-350 and a bose sound link ( for instance) just £159 and works on blue tooth or wires

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now